Power brake booster

Nickyd

Reaction score
Hi Guys
I have a 1967 Imperial, the power brake booster has stoped operating.. I live in the U.K so parts are hard to find. I have looked at Roch Autos they have a send and repair for the Cardine booster, but thats not much help as it would take weeks to send and then get it returned. Is there any alertnatives new or refurbished that anyone knows of ?

Hi Guys
I have a 1967 Imperial, the power brake booster has stoped operating.. I live in the U.K so parts are hard to find. I have looked at Roch Autos they have a send and repair for the Cardine booster, but thats not much help as it would take weeks to send and then get it returned. Is there any alertnatives new or refurbished that anyone knows of ?
You will need to send that unit to one of a couple of places here in the states for a rebuild. It’s usually around a 4 to 6 week turnaround time.
Most here, myself included have used Power Brake Booster Exchange Inc in Portland OR, aka Booster Dewey.
www.boosterdeweyexchange.com

You will need to send that unit to one of a couple of places here in the states for a rebuild. It’s usually around a 4 to 6 week turnaround time.
Most here, myself included have used Power Brake Booster Exchange Inc in Portland OR, aka Booster Dewey.
www.boosterdeweyexchange.com
I've used that company twice; they do good work.

What ever you decide, do not send it to Cardont. Poor quality rebuilds and they often send a replacement that is not correct for the application. That leaves you with no working booster and a hard to find core.

Dave

You can check in with this rebuilder here in Ontario Canada. Might cost you less with Canadian dollar. I am dropping my booster off tomorrow.
I have nothing to do with them, just a customer.
Remanufactured Automotive Parts | Rebuilt | Ontario | John Stuart Power Brake Co. Ltd

I considered sending to booster dewey, but the return time and shipping changed my mind, then I was informed about Stuart power brake.
Just passing along.

Booster Dewey for the win!!! Excellent work and top shelf folks to work with!

engine bay washer bottle.jpg

Booster Dewey gets high marks from me. And the turnaround time estimate? They say upwards of six weeks....mine came back a few days short of four weeks. Paint was perfect, brake feel was perfect. And the administrative side of the business is very pleasant, very attuned to the customer, lots of communication, and very responsive and easy to deal with.

IMG_7829.JPG

NQJQ5840.JPG

Booster Dewey has done several for me. Always great work, with a quick turn around. One time I was in a big hurry, and paid a little extra for their emergency rush service, worth every penny! As long as he's in business, he will get my work, even if his lead times are a longer now. And this reminds me, I have 2 or 3 that I should get shipped off to him now, before the lead times get even longer!

FYI: Booster has just moved from Portland OR to their new Seattle WA (actually Lynwood) location to consolidate with their other machine shop-oriented businesses (Booster Steve did not mention to me what those were). But no need for concern, as the only change is the mailing address to the new shop.

This is the shipping form that MUST go in the box with your booster: http://boosterdeweyexchange.com/wp-...Brake-Booster-Exchange-Shipping-Form-2021.pdf

And a bit of advice--Make sure you reinforce your box so that the studs and the pedal rod don't poke their way through some flimsy cardboard box. I cut panels from thin hardboard panels (Masonite, basically) to fit the sides of the box, and tightly packed the box with peanuts to prevent movement, which is what causes the poke-through to begin with.

1643721176966.png

Thank you so much. I will pack to ensure all pointy bits are securely protected

Back