Power vent window motor

BLIMP

Reaction score
Was going to start a thread asking questions about these motors and if there are parts available. Because as you can see, one of the gears in the driver's side motor from my 73 Imperial is chewed up.
20180430_140329.jpg

But a quick forum search revealed this thread, which already addresses the issue.
WANTED - Front vent power window drive gear
Screenshot_20180430-210330.png

So basically this is just a post talking about the fun I had today. Thanks to those that previously posted up the helpful information...enjoy! :D

The weak link is the connection point from the motor to the actual window... my brother in law made a nice solid brass retrofit piece.

What is bizarre, at least to me anyway, is you can buy a vent motor for a Mopar for a lot less money than for a Caddy... Yet it is the same piece.

I bought an NOS from Mitchell (Yea, I know) for less than most used Caddy sourced motors were going for.

How did I miss this thread? Long live the power vent!:lol:

What is bizarre, at least to me anyway, is you can buy a vent motor for a Mopar for a lot less money than for a Caddy... Yet it is the same piece.

I bought an NOS from Mitchell (Yea, I know) for less than most used Caddy sourced motors were going for.
I wonder where Mitchell residez today, UP or DOWN?

Mitchell is still doing business, but under a different name. re-sellers/vendors can sometimes be prickly to work with, but he seemed to stir passions like no other. The only time I have seen real anger at Carlisle, was from someone at his stall...... it ended with someone yelling "I wouldn't buy it from you if it was the last one on the planet...."

Mitchell is still doing business, but under a different name. re-sellers/vendors can sometimes be prickly to work with, but he seemed to stir passions like no other. The only time I have seen real anger at Carlisle, was from someone at his stall...... it ended with someone yelling "I wouldn't buy it from you if it was the last one on the planet...."
Frank died a few years ago. He had sold out before then.

Frank Mitchell was a piece of work. Some people said the only not to get screwed by him was to go there in person to buy a part.
Another guy told me " I can't believe nobody has put a bullet in his brain"
One of the parts locators threw him off their site and Hemmings Motor News did the same.
I had one purchase from him and got screwed, called Hemmings and he finally sent me a refund.
Wonder if any customers showed up at his funeral ???

Yup - a GM part adapted by Mopar for our C bodies. easy to service. Even the wiring pigtails for connecting the motor are available brand new still.
I know this is an older post, I'm new to the Imperial world and neither vent window moves. The motors run, but no action. You mentioned availability, you gentlemen are talking fuselage vs. mine, but IF you know off hand do these interchange or a source? Thank You

I may be able to help you sluggo, I have a few of these in my stash. I may have some non working ones that may be good for parts. I’ll check Monday.

Matt's your guy on this regard.

AFAIK, those motors interchange betweem Imp and Chrysler.

Their weak point is the actual connection to the vent window. Made of pot metal, they don't stand up to the twisting forces and break easily. Not a good design for durability unfortunately. I had a custom brass coupling made - should outlast the car!!

FYI, these motors are a GM (Delco) supplied part, and from what I can see, interchange directly. Mopar even uses the GM pigtail connector too!

Big money for NOS Chrysler-labelled ones, less money for ones with GM part numbers. Who's gonna see it?

My gosh it never ceases to amaze me, how supportive and helpful people are in this group. Detmatt, thank you, we are planning a trip up to see my niece just moved back to Royal Oak. I'll let you know shortly.

My gosh it never ceases to amaze me, how supportive and helpful people are in this group. Detmatt, thank you, we are planning a trip up to see my niece just moved back to Royal Oak. I'll let you know shortly.
Sweet cause that’s where my shop is.:thumbsup:

Back