Power Window regulator removal 1969 300 vert

if the window is down and won't go up does that mean the motor can be removed without losing any fingers?

if the window is down and won't go up does that mean the motor can be removed without losing any fingers?

Can you move the window up manually by grabbing it and pulling it up or is it frozen in place?

Ok so on the passenger side it appears there were holes already cut by a previous owner to access the motor bolts. This made removal and rebuild extremely easy.

IMG_5362.JPG

IMG_5363.JPG

IMG_5366.JPG

IMG_5367.JPG

On the opposite side the holes were not cut. Therefore I made a template and used a hole saw to cut them.

The power motor was different than the other though. It has springs in it and not the plastic pucks... anybody know about this type?

IMG_5381.JPG

IMG_5382.JPG

IMG_5383.JPG

The left rear power window dont work as it should. the motor runs, it dont move the window, its just turns. I suspect the gear that I know can go bad.

The service manual is VERY Is very thorough in pointing out that it is important to remove the regulator assembly in one pice.

My question is: if the gear is bad, can it hold the arm/linkage on the regulator assembly in place when I remove it or can the spring cause it to start turning?

Could it be better o remove just the motor (thats not what the service manual recommend)?

Last edited:
The left rear power window dont work as it should. the motor runs, it dont move the window, its just turns. I suspect the gear that I know can go bad.

The service manual is VERY Is very thorough in pointing out that it is important to remove the regulator assembly in one pice.

My question is: if the gear is bad, can it hold the arm/linkage on the regulator assembly in place when I remove it or can the spring cause it to start turning?

Could it be better o remove just the motor (thats not what the service manual recommend)?
It wasent hard at all to remove the motor! I drilled 3 holes.
IMG_9988.jpeg

Then I cmlamped the regulator for safety reasons.

IMG_9989.jpeg

And removed the motor and the electric connector.

IMG_9990.jpeg

The 3 plastic round things in the gear was shot so I replaced them with new rubber. I Dont know if it will last, but it was VERY cheap. Its expensive to buy a new gearset here in sweden.

Not it works like a charm! Whan I bought the car ths window and both vent windovs didnt work. Now all sex windows is functional.

Last edited:
Back