Preservation of 1967 Imperial completed see www.1967Imperial.com

MERNJ

Reaction score
My brother and I recently completed the preservation of our 1967 Imperial, purchased in Feb 2020.
You can see the work done and finished product by visiting our website (and related blogs) at www.1967Imperial.com.
We learned a lot along the way and want to share with others.
Thanks, Mike

exterior passenger side and front - color out plate.jpg

I’ve got a couple of ‘67s, they’re my favorite and yours is no exception!:thumbsup:

Simply Stunning! That is a real beauty and thank you so much for the great work, keeping her original and getting her back in top shape.
Beautiful example and that is truly a car to be proud of!

Just visited the website and read through it ! wonderful and I am so envious of the car you have now. I hope to own something similar, though perhaps not quite so perfect, soon.

Thanks for taking the time to post all the information.:)

Thank you all very much. The car drives like it's 1969, really amazing, knock on wood.
We are tentatively shooting to take the car to the 2020 Hershey AACA meet in October.
We want to get the AACA HPOF (Historical Preservation of Original Features) certification process started.

Update on the 1967 Imperial.
We took the car to Hershey AACA in ‘21 and ‘22 and entered it in the HPOF (historic preservation of original features) class. The judges really poured over the car. One of the Judges did not believe the interior was original, it was that well preserved. Anyway, the car received the HPOF badge in 2021 and the “Original” HPOF (stricter guidelines) badge in 2022. It was a an interesting process and two great shows.
We went to two all Mopar shows last summer. The car took best of show at both, in Doylestown Pa and in NJ, there were over 100 entries at each show. We were pleasantly surprised.
We also won best unrestored in our class at this past years NJ Regional AACA show in Denville. I enjoy reading these posts and learning from fellow Imperial owners and seeing the cars.

I am following a similar maintenance plan on my 67. Maintained, not restored. Also an AACA member. Your 67 is one fine looker.

Back