Previous Discussion Regarding 1972 Imperial Sunroof Car - Did it Get Derbied??

saforwardlook

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
There was a previous discussion on a 1972 Imperial with sunroof wherein participants wondered whether it ended up being derbied (no longer open to discussion)

For Sale - 1972 sunroof Imperial (2dr, GB5 blue, V1B blue vinyl top, MRXW white leather interior)

1646095922077.png

I just wanted to report that this car will be restored (not by me) and the person doing the restoration may end up posting his progress at some point on this site.

I only know because I supplied a set of rare/hard to find door panels for it recently. From what I know at this point, he plans a very thorough restoration on the car.

That is good news to all of us........................................

Great to hear this good news about YM23T2C200587 !

The derby dummies say you don't know what it's like until you try it, apparently it's exhilarating.. Then again, I've never set small animals on fire for fun, so I wouldn't know.

I'm glad this Imp is in the right hands and is being restored.

The derby dummies say you don't know what it's like until you try it, apparently it's exhilarating.. Then again, I've never set small animals on fire for fun, so I wouldn't know.

I'm glad this Imp is in the right hands and is being restored.
It is a rush.
I remember hitting a 65 Imperial with the 65 Polara 4 door I was using the impact bent the rear of the car up to where the rear bumper was as high as the top of the car.
I did dent the Imperial’s front end, but the guy restarted the Imperial and continued on.
I couldn’t see behind me now and started using the front of the car to hit others.
Eventually the driveshaft to rear end ujoint failed because the rear end bent up, applying extra force on the ujoint.
I ended up coming in 3rd place.
The Imperial came in 2nd and another Imperial won.
This was back in the early 80’s.

Back