Pro-Touring C-Body....What are your thoughts?

There is a 66 Imp 4 dr in march 14 issue of popular hot rodding. I don't know if it still on stands as I get it 2nd hand from my father in law if you can scare up a copy there might be some ideas in there.

IMG_20140131_223516_647.jpg

Here is picture of above article car has viper v10 and 6speed auto should move okay.

IMG_20140131_223516_647.jpg

Did you say not radical & stroked to 496 in the same post? ;) Hell yes, that thing is bad to the bone.

I guess that is a little bit of an oddity. lol. It does have a very mild roller cam. I have not heard it run and don't have the dyno sheet in front of me but if memory serves it made 475 hp. Wish I could remember the torque number off hand. Shop said it sounded smooth. Don't get me wrong, I love the sound of a car idling like a top fueler but so many of them can't get out of their own way. This thing will sound like the classy ride it is and boil the hides at will. I have to figure out how to get some more in progress pics off my phone !

There are just two things I didn't care for in the Tyrant Imperial,first would have been to leave more of the original dash look and second thing is,I don't care for that exhaust exiting the side of the bumper(just doesn't look right in this car).Otherwise the overall effect is done well,although sometimes I think using the Viper motor is overkill.Lets face it,that car was built for someone that has money to throw away.If your going to build a car that you will actually be able to use and drive on the street( like I would rather do ) then it's gotta have a somewhat reasonable powertrain.With gas costing nearly $4.00 per gallon,I can understand it not being cheap to run these things,especially if all your able to get is 15mpg,but what's the purpose of building one that only gets 8mpg that you can't afford to use because it costs too much to fill the tank.When was the last time you saw any gasoline prices decline ( And I mean more than a dollar) without shooting back up again in three months.Let's face it,gas will always be on the increase and that makes it harder for any one of us that has an old big block to be able to use these cars.When was the last time anyone here won the lottery? Get my point!

When I was running a 3.06 gear in my metric Challenger, I averaged 23 MPG or so.

Go ahead then. It was 120 miles round trip. 4 gal a day @ $4.00/gallon at the time came to $16.00 a day! Less humiliating than an Aveo...

Not asking ya to. I couldn't stay on board with it myself.
I bailed very quickly.
I'm not ashamed to admit it was a mistake.
I did make it **** my pants more than once. That was worth it.

You know what they say, drive a truck your whole life and you're a truck driver. Own one little corvette and....

Love the color. Obviously beautiful work. Not on board with Coors Light though, you gotta get some better beer.

My goodness that thing is beautiful. I'm more impressed every time I look at it.

Makes me real happy I went with black on the Polara too cuz flat black underneath is a piece of cake compared to that.

Back