Pullys info wanted, deleting my ac, 1968 New Yorker

GOLDMYN

Reaction score
Hi, looking for someone who's had the experience of deleting their ac on 1968 NewYorker 440 AC, I need to know what are the proper pullies and belts needed. I'm taking most of my engine bay ac components off (basement storage) . I appreciate the time Mike

DSC06331.JPG

DSC07172.JPG

DSC07175.JPG

Probably because Wisconsin is a long way from tropical? Here in the wilds of BC, probably similar weather to Chilton, we would maybe get 10 days a year where a guy would want to have AC. We just put the top down and drive faster! To me, too many additional parts, belts, hoses and **** that could go wrong. Took mine out too! Camshaft

I deleted the AC on my ‘68 300 when I had the engine rebuilt. Many, many reasons why I didn’t want/need it anymore.

The mechanic that rebuilt the engine did all the work so I don’t have many details, but I am happy to take any pics or measurements that you might find helpful. Sounds like you’re going to get what you need at the link above, but happy to lend a hand from here too if you need it.

I did the same. One of the things I remembered about switching from the triple to the double pulley was that I went through quite a hassle finding the right one so the geometry worked. One of the issues was that my friend who has built 40 years of mopars said to me, go look in that milk crate in the corner, and it had about 30 different pulleys in it. Through trial and error we found the right one, and he handed it to me to media blast and paint. The belts would not fit because the grooves in that pulley were V shaped instead of U shaped?? Or the other way around? The belts just didn't seat properly and on start up sounded like a tribe of banshees. Wish I had documented it more clearly, so I could be of assistance. I can take pics if you like, but not sure they will help.

I appreciate all the comments, ac doesn't work and I don't need, we have maybe 3-4 days too hot, in those cases, I just take the truck

DSC09210.JPG

OK, so i'm lost. what does that mean for installation. Did Bouchillon sell me the wrong parts?

View attachment 586088

View attachment 586089
I think it will work,, it's the p/s that may or may not have issues.
It appears bouchillion only offers a " one size fits all".
You had asked about original for your car, that's what I was getting at.
See if the stuff will work! :thumbsup:

The crank pulley and p/s pump aren't the same as a 68 440. Just saying.
Ok, I see the issue after I installed everything. The PS belt hits the water pump pulley underneath, The remedy was a smaller belt 3/8 wide rather than the standard 1/2 so the belt sits lower in the pulley. I had ask the seller of the pulley kit 68 NEW YORKER, oh well, we'll see how it functions once the weather breaks and I can back out of the garage.

DSC07253.JPG

DSC07250.JPG

Ok, I see the issue after I installed everything. The PS belt hits the water pump pulley underneath, The remedy was a smaller belt 3/8 wide rather than the standard 1/2 so the belt sits lower in the pulley. I had ask the seller of the pulley kit 68 NEW YORKER, oh well, we'll see how it functions once the weather breaks and I can back out of the garage.

View attachment 587997

View attachment 587998

after driving the car and getting to much noise, I put the ac compressor back on. LOL, and now I'll be taking it back off so I can change timing chain, oh well, I'm retired and can only walk the dog so much

DSC09795.JPG

Back