Pump You Up

I'm just out driving around, running errands and shooting some video and stills. This 72 Coupe handles very smooth like the 73 4 door Old Red...
not counting the paint, this car feels like brand new. It was a dead horse that is now back to life...it sat for decades.
IMAG0002.JPG

Two doors rule for me. How many miles on that one? Really nice car that looks great!
Thanks...mileage is 89,600...besides the paint, it looks like a 40K mileage car...especially the interior, trunk, undercarriage...the exterior took the worst from getting dinged by a DD in the garage.

Last edited:
It seems the driver fender and the rest of the side do not match as well as they should anyway, so maybe some refinishing of the body sides would be worth considering and removing the dings at the same time. Slight color mismatches can ge gotten away with at major body lines but not so much from panel to panel without some experienced "blending". That car deserves it maybe down the road. Still love that color on the 2 doors. Sweet.

It seems the driver fender and the rest of the side do not match as well as they should anyway, so maybe some refinishing of the body sides would be worth considering and removing the dings at the same time. Slight color mismatches can ge gotten away with at major body lines but not so much from panel to panel without some experienced "blending". That car deserves it maybe down the road. Still love that color on the 2 doors. Sweet.
I have a body/paint estimate for complete head to toe repaint/repair body project= 12K.

Forgot to answer the question...I have no idea my Imperial mpg...However, I have a different acronym...TPD...trips per day...to the pump...I have several favorite pump stations around town with the non-oxy fuel that they love to drink.

Ran across some old pics of Big Red before here sneaker transformation to the original tire/wheel cover setup from Thanksgiving day 2017...I'm hoping we have nice weather deep into November here this year in Minnesota. Some are saying a warm winter expected this year.
turkday1.jpg
turkday2.jpg
turkday3.jpg
turkday4.jpg

You have come a long way since last year. Those wheels/tires on a car like that are just wrong!

A doc that healed thyself and saw the light. :)

Thank you.

Ran across some old pics of Big Red before here sneaker transformation to the original tire/wheel cover setup from Thanksgiving day 2017...I'm hoping we have nice weather deep into November here this year in Minnesota. Some are saying a warm winter expected this year.
View attachment 223196 View attachment 223197 View attachment 223198 View attachment 223199
Thanks for posting those, now I have them to remember forever.

You have come a long way since last year. Those wheels/tires on a car like that are just wrong!

A doc that healed thyself and saw the light. :)

Thank you.
I thought they looked just right for a screaming red Imperial, them and the totally incorrect exhaust tips, made it the perfect hot rod stlye I love. Completely wrong, but sooo right.

Back