Question about square steel tubing - 1 7/8 mild steel

Thanks man. I’m going to call etrailer in the morning. After more review it looks like I need a little heavier duty one but You got me in the zone.
My trailer is 22 feet steel plate dovetail and weighs somewhere around 3,300 Lbs.

Also the replacement hitch that my uncle had put on looks like the actual bulldog jacks I’m seeing on the pages. Although he thought the guy pulled it off farm wagon ... maybe some of them used bulldog stuff ... IDK but I’m on the right track so much thanks all !

upload_2020-7-2_18-58-7.jpeg

You realize that you are supposed to raise them before you drive off:poke::poke:

lol. I was out of practice and fing up by the numbers. Was going across town. Railroad tracks are in need of repair ... now trailer needs repair

Was fine before loading but once loaded I couldn’t pull the pin.

it was those damn LA engines I was hauling that did it to me. Too much tongue weight. I had moved 2 to middle of trailer but couldn’t budge the last long block ... it was on an old tire so couldn’t get it off the tire so couldn’t slide .... getting weak

Last edited:
doh. saw "od" and thought: outside diameter. round tubing of the correct DIMENSION would work all the same though

Good to know. Probably wouldn’t have thought of that working these days. In younger days would have used whatever I could get my hands on ... wood 2 x 2, “round” tubing, black pipe probably but then didn’t have access to this community :thankyou:

Guys I need to repair my car trailer. I bent the jack dropdown extension.

I’m having trouble sourcing locally and online.

I find it troubling that you can't find anything locally in a trailer sales & service shop? Did you look into a RV shop? They must really not want your business. Good Luck

Back