Question of the Day: Transport Brokers - Great Service or Disaster Waiting to Happen?

digging up this old post in case I suddenly need car transport services.

contacted fourcorners as per this thread - jeff replied in minutes, with a quote that is a great price. he is waiting on me :)

someone sticky this thread please lol it was hard to find it in the search.

thanks -

- saylor

I just used Reliable Transport. The Big Orange Rigs are all over the Detroit area.
Enclosed transport was worth it to me. No worries of a windshield getting nicked or other damage. We know trim parts for these cars are hard to come by. Flexible at the pick-up end and had driver meet me at in a huge strip mall parking lot nearby for drop-off.

I used a transport company (TFX out of Toronto), not a broker, both times. It was not cheap, but like rapidtransit said, sometimes enclosed is the way to go.

Arrival 008.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

Transporting inoperable cars, post I started trying to move my Donner car. BIGBARNEYCARS, came through with recommendation. Post has my thoughts experience, maybe a sticky or something can be made for transport, disc brake, data bases and the like so things can be found referenced?

I now have two transporterz I've used with great success. One iz an open transporter domiciled in Central California moved a car for Me in the fall of 2015 from Anaheim, Ca. To Wilmington, N.C. (2600 milez for less then .50 per mile) The other one you guyz know about already doez my short stuff in an enclosed 40'er or 20'er but hez rate iz (at this point) $1.50 per mile. Father son team each with their own wagon WITH AH WENCH IN THE NOSE. Father runez 48 states and is Domiciled in Whitehall, Mt. Son stayz east of the Mississippi and iz domiciled near Louisville, Ky. And I'd trust either company to haul my Bugatti if I had one, lol. Need #'s and contact information, P.M. Me, Jer

digging up this old post in case I suddenly need car transport services.

contacted fourcorners as per this thread - jeff replied in minutes, with a quote that is a great price. he is waiting on me :)

someone sticky this thread please lol it was hard to find it in the search.

thanks -

- saylor
I had referred them, as they moved four for me and were great. I don't know how to sticky the thread though!
1971 Demon
From San Fransisco to Omaha,,$563.00 Bucks!

040.JPG

300Rag. That 300 looks like the same color (771) as my Monaco. Whats the paint code #?

Back