Quick tire fitment question

cnofzz

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am restoring a '68 300 2dr hardtop. I have the side skirts and am trying to fit some tires. I am looking at some 215/60R15s. It is my understanding that these tires a bit larger than stock. Any body have a similar set up? The current rims and tires aren't drivable and I am trying to avoid towing it to a professional just for a fitment question. Thanks for your help! :sFl_america2:

Dig into the bowels of "tirerack.com and find their section on diameter and width measurements and you'll have all your questions answered cnofzz...BTW, Welcome the FCOB party New Guy from the buckeye patch, Jer

How wide is the rim? If it's 4in wide then that tire will be 4ft high but a 12in wide rim and it'll be a low profile that belongs on a honda with a huge tailpipe stucking out under the back bumper.

Thanks ill check out tire rack didn't think they'd have infor for the 300. Its a 15x8

The fact that it's a 300 doesn't enter in to the equation. You're looking for proper fitment on a 15"X8" wheel. Just remember that you might have to swap one out with a bumper jack some day too. If your axle isn't dropped all the way down it might still not come out of the wheel opening even if it did fit being mounted with your rear axle hanging from the springs. FYI, I had P235X75X15's mounted on a '61 New Yorker T&C and I knew I waz looking at a roll back to get a flat changed. At 5800lbs It rode Great 'N Fast but I'm way glad I never had to pay the tow bill

Noooo! Keep a floor jack in the trunk. Never ever ever jack any car ever from the body ever!!!! Jack as close to the tire you're changing on the A arms or diff shaft. No bending up hard to get bumpers and poking big holes through rocker pinchwelds PLEASE!!!!

Noooo! Keep a floor jack in the trunk. Never ever ever jack any car ever from the body ever!!!! Jack as close to the tire you're changing on the A arms or diff shaft. No bending up hard to get bumpers and poking big holes through rocker pinchwelds PLEASE!!!!

Unfortunately on these cars with those tires you have no choice but to raise the body to let the axle hang if you want any chance to R&R them. I found out the hard way.

Unfortunately on these cars with those tires you have no choice but to raise the body to let the axle hang if you want any chance to R&R them. I found out the hard way.

I know. I should've specified. If anyone gets a flat, don't use any jack on the body or bumpers. Use a floor jack on the suspension till the tire is off the ground then put a stand under it and rejack with wood blocks on a SOLID body seam to get the tire out. Never on a body flat! Oh yeah..... make sure you break the lugs first and remember the left hand threads!!!!!

Back