Racing in Eau Claire, Wisconsin May 2, 2013

I'll post a picture of my broken diff later (I'm jumping on a plane right now). It's unbelievable to see.

The good news is that the car hooks up like a beast & I don't have to bring the shot on slow, I can just blast it right out of the hole.

I'll post a picture of my broken diff later (I'm jumping on a plane right now). It's unbelievable to see.

The good news is that the car hooks up like a beast & I don't have to bring the shot on slow, I can just blast it right out of the hole.
Did you get a few runs in before you took a grenade to your differential? Ya that's how you planned it you were going to change it out anyway, now you know what was the weakest link. Did this happen at the track or were you terrorizing the neighborhood?

Last edited:
The diff was brand new & supposed to handle 1000 horse but the aluminum case actually broke in half. It's back in NC & my gear set is going in a steel case this time.

It broke at the track the first time they threw 200 at it. Broke instantly on launch & the car only moved about 5 feet.

The diff was brand new & supposed to handle 1000 horse but the aluminum case actually broke in half. It's back in NC & my gear set is going in a steel case this time.

It broke at the track the first time they threw 200 at it. Broke instantly on launch & the car only moved about 5 feet.

Wow that stinks, how much nitrous had you hoped to be able to shoot and, how much HP would you think you produced with a shot of 200?

image.jpg

I'm around 500 to the rear wheels on motor. A shot = rear wheel horsies so I'll be at 800 when I spray it at the track.

I have all forged internals but the 6.1 block can only handle so much cylinder pressure before it cracks so I'm only running 10.5:1 compression.

image.jpg

View attachment 11352

I'm around 500 to the rear wheels on motor. A shot = rear wheel horsies so I'll be at 800 when I spray it at the track.

I have all forged internals but the 6.1 block can only handle so much cylinder pressure before it cracks so I'm only running 10.5:1 compression.
Damn unbelievable!

I have the video of it breaking but I don't know how to post it.

When you click to reply to a post, there's a little filmstrip(it will say, "Insert Video" when your pointer is hovering over it) looking icon up above what your typing, "Click" on it and type in the url, or copy and paste it

I have the video of it breaking but I don't know how to post it.

You need to figure this out, we love to watch other people's misery. You can also post it on you tube and post a link to it. That is how I have done it in the past. Did you film a clean run? We would like to see it too.

Uploading to YouTube & typing the URL is way beyond me for a number of reasons... That's the only way?

I have video of one clean N/A pass & the break.

I would love to see this video, other people's parts breaking can be very entertaining.

Uploading to YouTube & typing the URL is way beyond me for a number of reasons... That's the only way?

I have video of one clean N/A pass & the break.

Ross, have your kids show you how to do it. You would be surprised on how much knowledge they have. LOL!!!

gawdammit Ross - just email me the damn video...

I always gotta do all the dirty work around here.........

Last edited:
Back