Radiator pull and some detailing

Boydsdodge

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I pulled the rad from Tux today and while at it did some cleaning and painting of areas of need. The rad has a small crack in the solder joint on the top tank just below the filler tube.
The water pump had been swapped out previously but the installed pump was not painted, so I thought perfect time to knock off both. Cleaned up the fan as well.
IMG_0840.JPG
IMG_0844.JPG
IMG_0842.JPG

Doing a little more cleaning this morning. A great help with Tux (Imperial One) sent me some Beeseal. Nice stuff, the site shows all the uses for it. It is mostly intended for the leather interior, but after reading the other uses, I gave it a try in a small away area first. Looked good so I gave it a try on my white walls and it cleaned them up nice, then I thought to try it this morning on some of the under hood rubber. I like that with a brush I can control where it goes, light brushing scrubbing and a towel wipe after has it looking pretty good. I took some pics as I went along.
I will give some feed back after some time

IMG_0845.JPG

IMG_0846.JPG

IMG_0847.JPG

IMG_0848.JPG

IMG_0849.JPG

Rad is repaired, repainted by me, installed and items cleaned and adjusted. Looking better. There was a small crack in the solder just below the filler neck and the rad shop tells me in the upper tank as well just below filler neck. Odd I thought that tank would crack. shop said it is in very good condition and clean inside. Would an old cap not releasing pressure be a cause? Any tips on reaching the heater hoses at firewall? I would like to install new hoses before the Autotemp testing.
IMG_0853.jpg

Back