Rallye wheels?

computerhater

Reaction score
Ive got a 66 New yorker, and the wheels on it now are terrible. they're 15 inch, aluminum, and they look like they were made for an 80s truck. I picked up some 14 inch chrysler hubcaps, but they dont fit the 14 inch rallye wheels I got at the same swap meet. The hubcaps dish in too far and they wont seat. does anyone have a slab with rallye wheels? I dont think they would look good, but maybe im wrong.

These are on now.
lK9vM1q.jpg

This is my hubcap just set in place, this is what I think would look better.
sU9nNZl.jpg

These are the wheels I've got. I was excited because I picked up the set for 40 bucks.
tORZQcO.jpg

I was hoping to throw those hubcaps on them, but they dont play well with each other.

I just think I'd need a thick beauty ring to pull off the look. I was hoping to get lucky and use these since I got them for next to nothing.

[QUOTE since I got them for next to nothing.[/QUOTE]

would clean them up and pawn them off on a e body type for double and keep a eye out for some different rims...

I like this look on the '65 '66 sedan slab. Personal preference.
preston65-mom2.jpg

Last edited:
I've tried various styles of rims over the years. Here's a few for you to consider...
upload_2016-8-27_18-39-26.png

upload_2016-8-27_18-40-43.png

upload_2016-8-27_18-41-59.png

I currently have Road Wheels on both cars and will likely leave them that way.
upload_2016-8-27_18-42-54.png

The hubcaps won't fit the ralleys because they were never meant to, trim rings and center caps only. The center of the wheel protrudes more than stock steel. I agree the generic aluminum wheels don't work with your car. The hubcaps you chose are perfect and in good shape. Time to find some steelies.

We put 15" rally wheels on my dads 66 300, been on there about 15 years. Here's a couple of bad pics, but you get the idea.
Travis..

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Ive got a 66 New yorker, and the wheels on it now are terrible. they're 15 inch, aluminum, and they look like they were made for an 80s truck. I picked up some 14 inch chrysler hubcaps, but they dont fit the 14 inch rallye wheels I got at the same swap meet. The hubcaps dish in too far and they wont seat. does anyone have a slab with rallye wheels? I dont think they would look good, but maybe im wrong.

These are on now.
lK9vM1q.jpg

This is my hubcap just set in place, this is what I think would look better.
sU9nNZl.jpg
Any idea how wide the aluminum truck wheels are?
Will you be selling them when you get this all sorted out?
If so, keep me in mind and PM me. Thanks.

Any idea how wide the aluminum truck wheels are?
Will you be selling them when you get this all sorted out?
If so, keep me in mind and PM me. Thanks.
I'd think they are 8 wide. I'll probably post them on craigslist locally, unless you're in northeastern ohio. its way to expensive to ship rims.

I put `14" rallyes on the '62 New Yorker I owned. They looked great! They worked fearfully! 14s were to small for that car, even though the factory wheels were 14s. If you want to run rallyes, my advice is find a good set of 15s.

Back