Ram trucks

Yep.....glad I have a Titan that was built in Tennessee....

This will hurt the resale/trade in value of the ones not on the buy back list. Doesn't look like my 09 1500 is on the list. However who knows if the list I saw was accurate

I heard that Mopar can resell the buy backs after they have been properly repaired.

Models included in the buyback offer are certain Ram 1500s from 2009 to 2012; the Ram 1500 Mega Cab 4 by 4 from 2008; and the Ram 2500 4 by 4, 3500 4 by 4, 4500 4 by 4, and 5500 4 by 4, all from 2008 through 2012. Also part of the offer are 2009 Chrysler Aspen and Dodge Durango SUVs and the Dodge Dakota pickup from 2009 through 2011.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/govt-fiat-chrysler-must-offer-014836902.html

This will hurt the resale/trade in value of the ones not on the buy back list. Doesn't look like my 09 1500 is on the list. However who knows if the list I saw was accurate

Not the way to make friends and influence people. I had a 2003 PT Cruiser GT w/2.4L Turbo and 5-speed manual trans. I loved this car! I had the car up to over 125 mph on several occasions - these were not speed-limited. It started popping out of Third gear at around 16K miles. The dealer replaced the clutch and pressure plate (why, I'll never know!) and the problem persisted. The car was in the shop for over 60 days, and Chrysler ended up buying the car back - I paid cash for the car off the showroom. I wanted them to replace the damn Getrag transaxle, as I wanted to keep the car, but Chrysler refused to warranty the five-speed. Needless to say, I was not at all pleased with both the dealer and Chrysler.

I have a 2012 ram 3500, and this is just a bunch of bull. The big recall was for a measly tie rod end. They fixed it timely, no problem. It's all politics. Do you see a big judgement against GM for 137 or so people killed because of a defective ignition? of course Not, it happened on the Gov't watch.
The whole business makes me sick. And I don't often speak out. If the ram was such a bad Investment, why is Daimler/Benz still a major stockholder? They retained a considerable portion when they sold out. Was Fiat slow to perform fixes? Yes. My Ram is so overbuilt, it doesn't matter. Look at the 97' Tie rods on a 3500, and compare them to any 2008 up. The truck is a dream, and performs all tasks required of it. Sorry for the rant, I'm done.
You are a great bunch of Guys here, wether you agree with me or not. All is good here in Nebraska.

Models included in the buyback offer are certain Ram 1500s from 2009 to 2012; the Ram 1500 Mega Cab 4 by 4 from 2008; and the Ram 2500 4 by 4, 3500 4 by 4, 4500 4 by 4, and 5500 4 by 4, all from 2008 through 2012. Also part of the offer are 2009 Chrysler Aspen and Dodge Durango SUVs and the Dodge Dakota pickup from 2009 through 2011.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/govt-fiat-chrysler-must-offer-014836902.html

It says "certain models". Meaning they don't know for sure. The WSJ says the official list has not yet been released.

Rightly or wrongly a huge hit to Ma Mopar's reputation. This will convince a lot of people to buy aluminium Fords. This could have been handled much better.

Guys Damiler Benz sold out to Cerebis Capital. Not Fiat & not the government. Cerebis is the investment firm that hired ousted Home Depot CEO Bob Nardili to run Chrysler. He is the guy that weakened Chrysler to it brink of disaster. Damiler Benze bled Chrysler out of much of its cash after the so called merger. Nardili who had to repay Home Depot much of the money he embezzled from them went to work & set up a bonus structure for top management that enabled them to recieved bonus pay(much of it tax free) based on production not sales. A 140 day supply was reached in inventory before the economy hit the skids in late 07. That's about double industry norm. You don't need to be a business person to figure out what happened next. Double the inventory with a hugh recession looming. Hugh tax free bonuses paid to upper managment instead of going onto the company to pay down mounting debt. Fiat to the rescue

and to this day Daimler gets paid some cash for every Ram sold. They knew a solid product when they saw it.
But it Handicaps the current owners.

It smelled the first time I read it.
The more I read it, the more it smelled rotten

Sergio is pissing someone off.
I think surviving Enzo heirs have a pact to destroy this man.

Thanks, Patrick. I have worked Diesel Rams since 1996, They have supported my business, and have proven themselves. The media can say what they want, in the end though, aluminum frames work fine until you hit the limitations. Then they crack, just like trailers. You want a car that looks like a truck, or a truck. Steel bends.

Guys Damiler Benz sold out to Cerebis Capital. Not Fiat & not the government. Cerebis is the investment firm that hired ousted Home Depot CEO Bob Nardili to run Chrysler. He is the guy that weakened Chrysler to it brink of disaster. Damiler Benze bled Chrysler out of much of its cash after the so called merger. Nardili who had to repay Home Depot much of the money he embezzled from them went to work & set up a bonus structure for top management that enabled them to recieved bonus pay(much of it tax free) based on production not sales. A 140 day supply was reached in inventory before the economy hit the skids in late 07. That's about double industry norm. You don't need to be a business person to figure out what happened next. Double the inventory with a hugh recession looming. Hugh tax free bonuses paid to upper managment instead of going onto the company to pay down mounting debt. Fiat to the rescue

Okay I have to amend what I said in another thread and it applies here and also going back to the ******* whose name will not be mentioned that gave Chrysler to Daimler in the first place. Religion and corporate executive greed are the root of all evil.

Back