Rear axel messurements

Glider

Reaction score
I've been looking at lists of dimentions of rear axels such as this one:
MoPar RearAxleDim.PNG

In this list the numbers looks more like metric but that don't seem right at all...
& I don't understand it when I look at my messure tape.

20211018_093054.jpg

Maybe this will help ya understand.

Just because its got decimals doesn't mean it's metric.

Not sure of the source of that chart, but I would trust what's in the Mopar Performance Race Manual, personally. Interesting that the particular chart does not have C-body 8.75 rear axles listed, only "others".

The dimensions in the chart are not metric, but "inches". Do position them against the "rear track" measurements in the sales literature/FSMs for reference.

The spring width dimension can be altered by a competent race chassis shop, usually. Just have to ensure that they get welded back on at the desired width AND to allow for the correct pinion angle.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

What I mean is that if I messure for example 45,3/8 inches & I then try to compare that to the list I found & showed in the first post I just can't see that as inches too...

What you do is convert the fraction part of the measurement into a decimal point figure. 3/8" is .375", for example, or to round it off a slight bit, .380" . Or divide 3 by 8, as the fraction would indicate.

Back