WANTED rear brake backing plate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikec2

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hello everyone, I am looking for one rear brake backing plate from 1962 and lower chrysler .plymouth or dodge . I need the backing plate that the center is a circle with no flat at top. I am doing a disc brake conversion and need to use plate for axle seal. the one I have is cracked at the seal cup. Thanks

the factory plate was 12", but I only need the plate to cut the center out of and keep seal . Not sure if 11" would make a difference. I think as long as it was the full circle center backing plate with out self adjust brakes it would be good. Thanks

the factory plate was 12", but I only need the plate to cut the center out of and keep seal . Not sure if 11" would make a difference. I think as long as it was the full circle center backing plate with out self adjust brakes it would be good. Thanks
Probably have one, will have to dig some
Do yourself a favor and replace then seals
This is a factory '62 rear end, correct?

Probably have one, will have to dig some
Do yourself a favor and replace then seals
This is a factory '62 rear end, correct?
Yes ,you are right , i have new inner and outer seals and bearings to go in . the backing plate was cracked due to someone not pressing bearing all the way in and putting backing plate on, years ago. Always seem to find the good ones lol Thanks

Was able to get my cracked plate tig welded by a local car show friend. Thanks everyone. Good to go now.

552E0119-1D79-4C95-BCDD-2255C45F11D2.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back