Rear quarter window alignment 67 Sport Fury Convertible

67 ragtop

Reaction score
Both rear quarter windows on my 67 Sport Fury need to be adjusted. neither one goes all the way up and do not touch the front window. I have the service manual but an trying to make sense of it. All I can see are adjustments for in and out not up. I think I need to adjust the up stop but The procedure doesn't cover it. Now after reading it I see in step 8 i the adjstment Any hints I think the previous owner just slapped the windows in or rather the restoration shop. If you could call them that. I bought it from a 92 year old but then found out that he had had it in a restoration shop for ten years and I don't think they did anything. other than collect parts that were in the trunk.
Has anyone done this alignment?
1646963080473.png
1646963292267.png

I feel your pain. I just went through this same procedure on my 67 Polara convertible. The FSM was not a lot of help.
Locating the stops was the key, there's two. I just set the glass, with everything loose, into its position by hand and slowly tightened all fasteners and stop's. A good time to clean and libe everything. Helps a lot.

LoL

I asked the same thing a couple years back and Big John posted the factory slide shows for window and convertible top alignment procedures.

I watched it and then promptly gave up. I too feel your pain...

Back