Rear seat back on sport fury

66furys

Reaction score
There is a large trim piece on top of the seat back that appears to be attached to the deck panel. Anyone pull this apart and have some thoughts for me. If the seat has to lift off of brackets, it means this trim has to go first. When I was young, I would just charge ahead, often at my peril. Today, we have access to many who have gone before. thanks

I am guessing you are referring to the package tray. If it is like my Monaco you remove the seat bottom first. There are 2 bolts that hold the seat at the bottom. The seat then slides down and out. To reinstall just reverse the procedure.

Package tray does not have to be removed. Remove the seat bottom first, then you'll see two bolts under the bottom edge of the seat back. Remove those and the seat comes out. The top of the seat has thick wires that are hooked under built in hooks in the body structure.

Well thank you gentlemen....I thought that the hooks required the seat back to move up, not down for remove. I will get on it.....thanks muchly.

Forgot to thank mopar mike for nomenclature. I have never had to recall what that tray was actually called....package tray.....good one. thanks

No need to thank me. We are all here to help each other and get help when we need it. Here is a picture of mine after I painted it.

20231216_120534.jpg

More than paint, that is one gorgeous interior.....my, my. What is this car. Interesting mix of console and seats.

A beautiful car.....great job. I notice you have no horn ring. What type horn button did you install, or is that just a trim piece in the center......I will be fighting that after I re-do my steering wheel, a job for a bit later. Real nice. Also interesting that you painted the roof white, which I think is not stock. My car was repainted many years ago before me, also dark red with white top. Although, your paint is way nicer than my roadkill.

A beautiful car.....great job. I notice you have no horn ring. What type horn button did you install, or is that just a trim piece in the center......I will be fighting that after I re-do my steering wheel, a job for a bit later. Real nice. Also interesting that you painted the roof white, which I think is not stock. My car was repainted many years ago before me, also dark red with white top. Although, your paint is way nicer than my roadkill.
I had just put the steering wheel on the car. The original horn ring is now on the car. A lot of Monacos came with vinyl roofs. This car wasn't 1 of them. The roof is actually GM Snowflake metallic. I liked the look so I had mine painted. The car was originally yellow. Then burgundy, with the roof staying yellow. Finally metallic purple. Which is how it was when I bought it. If you want to see the progression check posts, 65 Monaco or 10 years in the making.

Amazing to change colors and repaint so often. Kinda like my surprise to find that what I thought were OEM seat covers were actually over the originals, of a slightly different color. Also, I had no idea that any of these cars came with a white roof....but will now pay more attention to the pics. Thanks both

More than paint, that is one gorgeous interior.....my, my. What is this car. Interesting mix of console and seats.
That seat bottom and console are a 65-only deal.
I think it is found on Monaco and Monaco 500 only. IIRC there is a Polara 500 (Canadian-model, maybe?) but it does not get that seat layout.
The 66 went to a standard rear seat bottom and standard-length console.

Back