Rear Spring Specifiations

bajajoaquin

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting springs while my car is in Mexico. However I'm concerned about getting the right rate and ride height.

Anyone have a set of specs for rear springs on a '67 imperial Crown Sedan?

I'm thinking of getting springs while my car is in Mexico. However I'm concerned about getting the right rate and ride height.

Anyone have a set of specs for rear springs on a '67 imperial Crown Sedan?
You won't find specs.
You ask for what you want over and above stock as far as firmness and height.
Oh, wait. Mexico??

Curious - why Mexico?

Specs should be available on the Detroit Eaton Spring site. Also in your service manual I think.

Last edited:
That's where the car is.

The rear springs sag and after quite a bit of searching I never found a specification for what the rear ride height should be. I was hoping there was a spec for rate, arch, length, etc, which could be used to manufacture a set.

If not, I'll get them from Eaton, but the paint and body is going over budget (gee, what a surprise) and I was hoping to keep the project from getting too far out of control.

After this, I'll have to save up for a while again this is eatig into my engine budget.

Ahhh... I understand. Budgets? No one EVER stays within their budget on a C body restoration! LOL...

Keep in mind that any competant spring shop should have specs available in some form of database, and can use your originals as a pattern. Looking at the Detroit Eaton website, I came up with these specs when I plugged in 67 Imp Crown Sedan (you can call them for more detailed information):

Vehicle Year Make Model Body Style Engine Size
1967 Chrysler Imperial Crown 4 Door Hardtop Sedan
Leaf Springs Order EATON No. Qualifier Width Lvs Rate P/V Price Wt.
Rear ML3621 with 2" Front Spring Eye 2.500 7 100 2 $ 249.50/ea 49
ML3633 with 2-1/2" Front Spring Eye 2.500 7 100 2 CALL 49
Note: On orders for non-stock ride height, there is a $40.00 upcharge per pair of leaf springs.
Install Kits Order EATON No. Installation Kit Description P/V Price Wt.
Front Install Kit - Call for information.
Rear IKCC1059 1 $ 109.00/ea 7
Shocks Order EATON No. Shock Absorber Description P/V Price Wt.
Front Shocks - Call for information.
Rear VK5262 FOR VEHICLES LOWERED 1.5 INCHES OR MORE 2 $ 184.95/ea 5
VKB5232 DOUBLE ADJUSTABLE HYDRAULIC SHOCK 2 $ 184.95/ea 4
Other Prods Order EATON No. Other Product Description P/V Price Wt.
Other Products are not used on this vehicle
* Product usually in stock,
notes-blue.png
=Product Notes, CALL for price
Country to ship to:
Enter Postal Code:
(Shows products & shipping)

Budget ? What's that ? Is that when you have a strong arm on a bolt and it's rusted , I couldn't budge it at all

Back