WANTED Rear vent switch for '67 Newport

Status
Not open for further replies.

70DartMike

Reaction score
Contact seller
WANTED : Rear vent switch for my '67 Newport. It has 3 nipples on it, one on mine is broken off, the other 2 look like they've already been super glued back into place. Does anyone have one with all 3 nipples intact and original? If I can't find one obviously I'll try gluing the nipples back on but I'd like to find one that's still intact.

Part # 2770554

IMG_7849.JPG

IMG_7850.JPG

JB Weld will work on that. You could super glue it, to keep it in place then,use the JB weld and let it cure for 24 hrs. Reinforce the other two while you're
at it.

Last edited:
For plastic parts I use JB Weld Super Weld. It's a liquid super duty glue in a little squirt bottle. It is on the thick side like a gel and works great. Once it cures then I use an epoxy made specifically for plastic. JB Weld, Gorilla Glue, etc. all make them.

I have a 1967 Newport parts car that had a rear vent. Are there screws on the back of the switch that come out? I will wait to see if you still need it before I try to take mine out. Let me know. Thanks!

I have a 1967 Newport parts car that had a rear vent. Are there screws on the back of the switch that come out? I will wait to see if you still need it before I try to take mine out. Let me know. Thanks!
Hey, I would gladly take a spare. There are 2 screws on the back holding it in place, they're a 1/4" socket but you can also get a flat blade in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back