REAR WINDOW DEFROSTER

69PHOENIX

Reaction score
G'Day People,
A Little Advice Please, Got the Rear Screen out of my Car at the Moment having the Rust Done. Decided this was the Ideal Time to look at the Idea of Fitting a Demister. Trouble is they are a bit rare nowadays. By the Time I Buy one from the States it's going to cost me, with the Freight & GST, about A$250.00, Which is a Bit more than I would like to Spend. If I have to I will, but I was Looking at the idea of using a Ceramic heater Set Up. Have Any of you Fellas had Experience with These. Do they work Well? Where I live the Weather Conditions are not Particularly Severe. Maybe have a Bit of Ice on the Screen 2 - 3 Times in Winter. Internal Fogging will be the most common Problem. Any Advice would be Appreciated.
TIA Tony.M

The factory rear blower fan like that in my Monaco are rather ineffective. Even when they were new. If you have a/c, just running it at a warmer temp is more effective.

Every ceramic heater available, no matter how big the case is, is basically 10K BTU. No matter what, for home use. Would need fancy wiring and such for a car use, PLUS ugraded charging system to run it, I suspect.

There is a complete, self-contained blower unit that was used on mid-'70s Camaros that fits on a flat area in the middle of the package tray. Just needs a two-speed switch and power to work, No heat, just air flow, but worked pretty decent on my Camaro (bought new). Would be better than nothing, and probably not too hard to install. Seemed pretty decent in an era where elec heat rear glass was the coming thing.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

JMLA7529 on eBay Mopar Underdash Hreater Couldn't make link work . . .

CBODY67

Last edited:
Back