SUB FRAME INTERCHANGE INFO NEEDED.

69PHOENIX

Reaction score
G'Day Fellas,
I Apologise in advance, But it's Stupid Question time.
From 65 - 71 the Front Sub frames inter-change in Plymouth Furys & quite possibly a lot of other Chrysler Vehicles. (As we didn't have the Range I can't really say).
Perhaps the 72 might do also except it has a couple of outriggers added,
This is how we convert from left to right hand drive over here.
Now here comes the Stupid question. How similar are the Sub frames from a 68 Fury to a 68 Imperial? I'm guessing the Imperial are Larger but from past experience I know Chrysler didn't change anything if they didn't have too. Reason I ask is that I have been offered a 68 Imperial minus Motor & Box at a very reasonable price. So out of curiousity I'm chasing Details. Thanks for any Advice in Advance & Happy Holidays to All. Tony.M

no stupid question there. I cant help on the info you need but someone on this forum will have the answer and i can tell you the only stupid question is the one never asked. good luck

67-68 Imperial stub frames are of their own and do not interchange with the C bodies.
Ditto Imps of 69 to 73.
69 Imps were first with frame isolators, PDC followed next year.
IIRC,early Plymouth C's stubs are shorter (and shorter torsion bars) than Dodge and Chrysler correct me if I am wrong not 100% sure.
69 Fusies shared stub as 68 but 1970 and newer are different with frame isolators and have longer "tails" or frame end tips.
Just going by memory, hope this helps.

G'Day again,
Thanks for the Info.
We can Register anything LHD over 30 Yrs Old, However never keen to drive LHD on a RHD Highway. I drove in America in 1990 & found it somewhat Nerve wracking. I don't think I could ever completely "relax & enjoy" with the need to stay constantly alert. I am in the Process of building a 69 Dodge Phoenix sedan (Plymouth Fury) 383 / 727 / Gear Vendors / 3.73 / 8.75 / 4W Discs. Bought it As a Write Off, Fitted with LPG & Air/Cond, 15" x 10" Rear & 15" x 8" Front. Not looking to build a Show Car so Body will remain Rough with Top Class Mechanicals, Sort of thing that is Magnificent to Drive But not afraid to Park Anywhere. Please forgive an Old Man's Ramblings, But we all need something to keep us interested in Life. Thanks Once Again. Tony.M

@cbarge is correct. Your 69 Phoenix/Fury (US) is a unique stub, you may want to check the parts book for xref to other years. the furys where 120" wb and the dodges and chryslers where 122. The difference was in the front clip including stub frame. You'll need to find another Phoenix/Fury for your project. You'll probably want to look for the V8 version, there were two as seen below.

MyMopar - Mopar Forums & Information - MyMopar Tools/Reference

upload_2019-12-20_5-35-44.png

Back