Recommendations on rust treatment. POR 15 or ?

Don't know about selling the seats yet. If I can figure out a way to make them fold forward I would use them. The passenger seat reclines and has a headrest. They both have cigar lighters on the back or charging ports for nowadays and map pockets and grab handles. Pretty cool.
No armrest in the backseat.
Thanks for the info.
Trying to send pictures of the seats. Not working. Will try again later.

front floor underlay.JPG
Can the por15 or KBS be applied over the rust converter?

YES.......

Another good idea. Once you have your floors finished, apply sound deadner on them. Does wonders for reducing sound and heat.

Last edited:
Cool, same seats as my Custom 4DSD.

Please keep me in mind if you decide to sell them. (rear seat as well)

Thanks,

John

Removed left floor pan today. I'll have to patch the front pan with the part on my the left. Do you think I should do that before or after I install the floor pan. I thought it might be easier after install.

A good product. Pricy but it is the consistency of water and goes a long way. a couple of applications with a spray bottle for heavily rusted areas.

32 Ounce Rust Converter 05037445 - MSC

Does this dry clear on painted surfaces? I want to use something like this in some hard-to-reach areas with very light surface rust. I want the rust to be converted into a non-rusting coating but the paint to remain visible. I don't want to top coat it at this time - just halt the rust. I have been experimenting with a phosphoric acid product, but I don't think that is going to leave a non-rusting coating like this product apparently does.

Back