Red 1969 Chrysler 300 Convertible - Quonset Hut Find

wish4hemi

Reaction score
I dug through the classifieds here, but didn't see where this car had been covered. I'm sure it has and I just didn't find it. Looks to be an R6 T-code from Illinois. Dealership sticker says Carlson?

Skip to 3:35 to see the car. Video by Mopar Connection Magazine.

69300conv.jpg

I'm always amazed at how people perceive "barn finds" in 2021 ... Or maybe it's me. I always thought that a barn find was when the car had been stored for a very long time, some place, after the first "life" of the car.

Nowadays, a barn find seems to be anything that involves finding a car with a layer of dust. Never mind the fact that it has been stored only for a few years, has led a few lives before, or even if it has been already restored at some point. This seems to be irrelevant.

It's even more obvious for '50s and '60s cars, where "barn finds" translates to those cars being found for the 2nd (or maybe 3rd) time of their life.

I know, I'm picky.
Just wanted to share those thoughts.

Really nice car, by the way. Thanks for sharing.
Of course it can be saved. And I'll bet it will.

I'm always amazed at how people perceive "barn finds" in 2021 ... Or maybe it's me. I always thought that a barn find was when the car had been stored for a very long time, some place, after the first "life" of the car.

Nowadays, a barn find seems to be anything that involves finding a car with a layer of dust. Never mind the fact that it has been stored only for a few years, has led a few lives before, or even if it has been already restored at some point. This seems to be irrelevant.

It's even more obvious for '50s and '60s cars, where "barn finds" translates to those cars being found for the 2nd (or maybe 3rd) time of their life.

I know, I'm picky.

So true. So, so, true!!

I know, I'm picky.

I don’t know what’s worse,
Barn find
or
One of One

A "one-of-one" "barn find"!

BTW, I have genuine "barn-find" dirt and dust for sale, in quantities from one pound to a five-gallon bucket-full. Inquire!

Also factory tire air for sale, from several different manufacturing plants, very rare. Chrysler only. We cannot guarantee "numbers-matching" air, so if your judging criteria requires that, we're sorry that we can't provide that. GM and Ford available soon.

Back