Redeye Widebody

Demon / Redeye both have the EXACT same drivetrains.

The only difference is the hood and the ECM.

The Demon ECM has a speed limiter that maxes at 168 mph. The Redeye is 203 mph.

You plan on voiding your warranty Bob ?

Nope. If the rear explodes....I'll take the diff brace back off before taking it in for warranty work.

I don't think I'm going to do any performance mods. 800 HP is plenty. From what I found out about Redeye's is that no one exploded a stock Redeye with this diff brace. I'm sure if you had slicks on it and did numerous max rpm launches that the diff will probably explode. I will probably go to the track once and make 4-5 passes and make a couple of 10 second passes by utilizing the Line Lock to warm up the tires and foot brake launches at 1200 rpm's and then WOT when it hits 2nd gear in Track Mode.

The Launch Control launches without a diff brace on slicks is what is exploding these diff's on Redeye's & Demon's.

And those are being replaced under warranty?

Yep, unless you tell them you did it on the racetrack. Don't leave the diff brace on the car.

The service manager at Cook Dodge shows me the warranty work done on SRT's when I was there for an oil change. They were replacing engines on 2 Hellcat's one time while I was there. One guy local and one guy from Ohio.

If you destroy anything on a Demon anywhere.... racetrack or not the warranty is covering all repairs.

The last time I was at Cook Dodge the service manager told me that Dodge was working on a factory diff brace for Demon's and Redeye's.

The diff is held in place by 4 rubber bushings and severe launches can destroy the diff just like in that video I posted. Like I said, there hasnt been diff failures with stock Redeye's with that diff brace.

Throw an 8 3/4" in there and take care of all the worry. :poke: :D

Believe me.....ONE LAUNCH with that 800 HP supercharged engine will grenade that 8.75.

The Demon / Redeye is a heavy duty diff with 41 spline axles.

If there was way to put a Dana 60 axle in it might work.

Last edited:
Believe me.....ONE LAUNCH with that 800 HP supercharged engine will grenade that 8.75.

The Demon / Redeye is a heavy duty diff with 41 spline axles.

If there was way to put a Dana 60 axle in it might work.

But as we've seen the IRS grenaded @ 800hp, no?

If you build a an 8.75 or even a Dana right, I think it will EASILY handle 800hp...

Just my .02

two_cents_kent brockman.jpg

But as we've seen the IRS grenaded @ 800hp, no?

If you build a an 8.75 or even a Dana right, I think it will EASILY handle 800hp...

Just my .02

View attachment 369358

If I was going to do something crazy like changing the rear axle I would definitely have to go the Dana 60 route right from the beginning.

Must have really padded the MSRP to cover anticipated drive train explosions.

A lot of these guys are making performance mods like changing the blower pulley and increasing the boost by 3 psi which is alot. Long tube headers. Bigger injectors and an ECM unlocked and tuned by Diablosport and you are easily getting to the 1200 hp range and begging to destroy the diff.

Adding this per4mance diff brace on a stock Redeye with reasonable launches and there hasn't been any diff failures.

I dunno, Bob. I find it hard to believe dealers are approving drivetrain repairs under warranty for Hellcats, Red Eyes, etc, when there are splotches of melted rubber on the rear wheel wells.
And what about the inpenetrable data collector?

I dunno, Bob. I find it hard to believe dealers are approving drivetrain repairs under warranty for Hellcats, Red Eyes, etc, when there are splotches of melted rubber on the rear wheel wells.

Mopar expects that.......

That is why they have factory Line Lock and Launch Control features. The owners manual gives you a play by play to use those features. And when and how to use the Power Chiller and the After Chiller......if so equipped.

It is when you start modding these vehicles is when the voided warranties come into play.

I've seen many vehicle with that blue painter tape on the lower half of the rear quarters at the racetrack.

Last edited:

Believe me guys the minute we connect our Witech module up to your Redeye and download all the data right to Detroit we know exactly how you drive the car and then use that intel as the stick to beat you with to deny warranty. That said we do try to keep mother out of the process as much as possible as doing warranty work versus no work is just good business. If we can blame you and get you to pay all the better but in the end we live by the ol’ axiom

“You can shear a sheep many times you can only skin him once!”

Back