Remove 413 oil pan dent on car?

No, it doesn't, but I've only run it for 30 seconds at s time. I noticed the wire was just sitting on the sending unit, that may be the problem, I'm still gonna drop the pan

We'll, that'll do it. I accidentally pulled mine off this summer, next time I started it, the light went on straight away and didn't go off, for about thirty seconds (time it took to figure out). I like the Morse code comment, that is likely the flicker, produced by vibrations. The wire should have a common spade terminal that clips onto the round T on the sensor.

I always figure it is better to know about a lower end of an engine that is at the point of failure by running the appropriate checks noted above, than to find out the hard way by having it let loose on the road. But to each his own.

Dave
For the advanced hobbyist, maybe. For the beginners sometimes the advanced suggestions are the surest way to no longer have a working automobile is my point. If it is a worn out pump or blocked pickup as the major problem and the bearings show some wear, now he's stuck after seeing it not feeling ok about running it when the only issue would likely be hot idle solved with 20w50.
If looking to get a ton of miles out of it and committed to the project up to and including a rebuild, sure, have a look.

Mine had damage where someone tried to jack it by the pan, or was stump jumping.

The new engine was going in. Took a 2x4 on the pan against the dents and hit the 2x4 with a hammer. It looks like a pan that never had a dent.

For the advanced hobbyist, maybe. For the beginners sometimes the advanced suggestions are the surest way to no longer have a working automobile is my point. If it is a worn out pump or blocked pickup as the major problem and the bearings show some wear, now he's stuck after seeing it not feeling ok about running it when the only issue would likely be hot idle solved with 20w50.
If looking to get a ton of miles out of it and committed to the project up to and including a rebuild, sure, have a look.
Yes, I will NOT be removing the pan. I saw a wagon for sale, that the owner thought he needed to refresh the tranny. Then, while it was out, "good time to rebuild the motor" etc, etc it never ends. I wanna drive the damn thing lol

Yes, I will NOT be removing the pan. I saw a wagon for sale, that the owner thought he needed to refresh the tranny. Then, while it was out, "good time to rebuild the motor" etc, etc it never ends. I wanna drive the damn thing lol

I was itching to drive my Fury. I went ahead and waited until the new engine went in. But, I know how you feel.

I was itching to drive my Fury. I went ahead and waited until the new engine went in. But, I know how you feel.
I meant "bearings" not pan. I will be removing the pan

the last two Mopars I had with fluctuating hot idle issues, turned out to be a bad pressure return spring surprisingly

1965 413, any old school ways to remove this dent it's pretty big. doesn't need to be perfect just needs to get the motor some oil.

no real access inside through the drain plug, I was thinking maybe welding some bolts on the pan and pulling on those? I've never tried it tho.

View attachment 326146
the only way to do it right is to drop the pan & hammer it out .i had a dent in my 440 pan i used a 3lb cross peanung hammer & a 2x4 & a brass bar i put the pan on a sand bag & stsryed pounding but i was carefull not to braek through the pan

16LJ53_AS01?$zmmain$.jpg

Mine had a large dent in it. Since I had the entire front end apart I just pulled the pan, cleaned out the thick layer of grey sludge and pounded it back in shape. It came out looking like new after painting.

IMG_2885.JPG
IMG_2889.JPG
IMG_2890.JPG
IMG_2894.JPG
IMG_2896.JPG
IMG_2897.JPG

Back