Right P/N needed for door pulls

CanCritter

Reaction score
Need to sort out the right P/N for some 71 fury door pulls...Big John was kind enough to provide Nos door pulls for my 71 gt and now need to round up a pair to replace the set John was kind enough to provide...bought one set but were wrong ones...anyway if anyone has the correct P/N handy would be gratefull...thanx

img_1538-2-jpg.80649.jpg

0516162043-jpg.79574.jpg

Last edited:
Don't bother trying to find them NOS, as I tried that several years ago, and a couple times thereafter, and everything has dried up. I did see that someone was starting to reproduce them, but somehow, I have lost the link, which is rare for me! I wanted to obtain one to see how close they were to the originals, but now I am ticked that I can't find the link............................

The original pulls were made of a metal band with strips of layered cardboard in the center and encapsulated with vinyl and stitched. Really crappy, cheap method. Solid vinyl with a metal band in the middle supplanted the first version and was used in later production 1971 C body models rather than the initial version, but they never looked quite a good to me as the initial version. The new design was used in all the 72 and 73 C bodies with them and generally held up well.

I have been pestering Bob Baker to have these initial versions reproduced through his sources, but he has some other projects ahead of this one. But he will have some new products you guys have been waiting for, like me, available soon after he does some test fitting. Stay tuned.

Back