Right side fender mirror

Zymurgy

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
My '66 300 has just the LF side mirror. I thought I might like to look for a RT side to add. I know it was an option, but did it have an interior remote like the LF and if so where was it mounted? Could the driver reach it?

I've only seen right side mirrors without the remote. They are pretty common. If there's some with remote they must be rare.

The manual ones are very common (I have never seen a remote one) and were used on many models from around 65-71 or so. Sellers on ebay think they are made of gold and ask prices accordingly. I have seen some asking 150 or better for good used ones and up to 350 for a NOS one.... Keep an eye out in junk yards you can find them there occasionally.

The manual ones are very common (I have never seen a remote one) and were used on many models from around 65-71 or so. Sellers on ebay think they are made of gold and ask prices accordingly. I have seen some asking 150 or better for good used ones and up to 350 for a NOS one.... Keep an eye out in junk yards you can find them there occasionally.

Great info. I was actually hoping they didn't have the remote, because I figured they would be cheaper. Nobody will probably drive my car but me so I'll set it once and be done. I think I might have come across a reproduction too.

Last edited:
I saw a template in a old body book once, but can't remember where now. I'll keep an eye out, but it really isn't neccessary. When I get one for my 65, I'm just going to measure the driver's side and mount in the same spot on the passenger side. They are harder to attach than the aftermarket type that just attach from the outside with a couple of sheet metal screws, but they are also more secure and better looking.

My '66 300 has just the LF side mirror. I thought I might like to look for a RT side to add. I know it was an option, but did it have an interior remote like the LF and if so where was it mounted? Could the driver reach it?

IIRC, the mirror heads, particularly on the manual left mirrors were mounted assymetrically. So couldn't you basically take a left side mirror, turn the head 180° and mount it on the right door? I don't think Chrysler was smart enough back then to make the mirror bases hand specific.

Twin pedestal only came on manual driver's side when a passenger side mirror was not ordered.
In other words there never was a twin pedestal RH mirror.

Last edited:
OK. That was the mirror I was thinking of. I'm still gonna bet an empty beer can that it'll work on the right side.

They say it will fit both sides. You decide:

http://www.forwardlook.net/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=23055

attachment.php

Screenshot - 12_10_2012 , 5_21_23 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Worth it however, agreed its expensive but you gotta do it

Last edited:
Here is a detailed picture of my mirror and I believe the single posts are left and rights. I haven't looked at yet since this discussion started.

mirror detail.jpg

mirror detail.jpg

That's why I have my doubts that the two post mirror is ambidextrous. Too much of a gamble, $$$-wise.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

You may want to rethink the passenger side mirror. I have one on my '64 GTO and it is useless. Unless you are going for ascetics, I would consider spending the money elsewhere as the function is negligible at best.

No you dont, trucker. If you keep the left side tight you never have to look at the right....ever!

I bought a NOS right side mirror for my Cutlass. In '68 they didn't yet have convex mirror glass in these. So from a driving standpoint it is next to useless. Looks nice though.

When the RC mirror goes, I just replace it with an identical "manually set it & forget it" for about 1/3 the cost. I mean, God, it's not like it's the family vehicle. DD.....

Back