RIP member tdenkler (Tom Denkler)

fury fan

Reaction score
I was doing some digging on some topics and saw that we haven't seen Tom Denkler in a few years.
He had put some contact info in a thread, and I confirmed some of that info to an obituary, and to his Chrysler 300 Club page. Enough details match to conclude he's gone.

I'd had emails with Tom back in the Yahoo board days, and on here as well, sharing sightings and photos of 4-speed C-body stuff.
He and I were in long-term collusion, trying to determine the rules for which 1965 cars got the smooth woodgrained shifter cover and which got the ribbed style.
I don't think we ever truly solved it, each time we thought we did, one of us would stumble across a car that broke the rule.

I never met him, never talked to him on the phone, it was keyboard only.
Looking back, I wish I had developed a closer friendship with him -- none of us are getting out of here alive.
May the perpetual light shine upon you, my friend.

tdenkler
1697295775026.png

Found this obit.
Thomas Roy Denkler Obituary (1952 - 2021) - Greeneville, Tennessee

1697295868322.png

Found this on the 300 Letter site:
https://www.chrysler300club.com/bio/d/denkler/td.html

1697295938513.png

RIP! Thanks @fury fan. I always wonder about members that just stop posting. Unless you know someone personally in this internet age, we are forever lost to the either net when we are gone.

Yeah, that's a huge drawback of the internet. So easy to connect to people, so easy to not make real connections.
Most times we don't even know each other's full name and hometown - anonymity and privacy cuts both ways.

I've often thought that each of us regulars ought to have a pen pal to let the forum know if something happens to their buddy.

Back