Rob's 1961 Chrysler resurrection!!!!

Valve covers and air cleaner lid painted and being stored until needed!

20180806_145610.jpg

'72 440 engine, A833 4 speed, all Ancillary pieces and 4speed driveshaft tunnel from rusted '75 Road Runner going to a friends garage to be extracted and readied for transplant into the '61.

20181027_112929.jpg

The six pack set up for the 440. Carbs all rebuilt. Air cleaner baseplate powder coated black . Aluminum factory intake powder coated aluminum.

20181028_003830.jpg

20181028_004019.jpg

20181028_004042.jpg

Screenshot_2018-08-06-12-33-40.png
going to alter this slightly, and have a graphics shop put it on my 413 (wink, wink) golden lion, six pack air cleaner lid.

I'm open to suggestions. I can't find anything that trips my trigger as of now. Thought about old school hood louvers.
Love it.
Hood scoops to feed the 6bbl?
If I do decide on a hood scoop, I'd want it to look like something that would have potentially looked like it was a factory option . Haven't seen anything that says "WOW! THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR" yet.

What's killing you is that it's Mr. In between. Scoops are the next era and louvers are the previous era. You're walking a narrow path, asthetically with that car.

What's killing you is that it's Mr. In between. Scoops are the next era and louvers are the previous era. You're walking a narrow path, asthetically with that car.
Exactly!! That's whats bothered me about it too .I'll probably forgo either of them. Can always be done later .I like the lines of the '61 just as it is .Can't sell myself on either options for the exact reason you stated.

Another idea I've pondered at length driving back and forth between WV and Florida .
Saw this Hellcat logo on a Dodge Challenger. Then found this golden lion decal .Thought about putting it on the Chrysler like in the Hellcat photo .Can't talk myself into or out of it .I like the look, but don't want to make the car look goofy either .May have to try one side and see how I like it .Graphics come off pretty easily.

Screenshot_2018-08-04-14-13-36.png

Screenshot_2018-08-04-21-57-09.png

A while back, I saw a pic of a '58 Impala on facebook that was restromoded. I loved the stance of their set up. I didn't save that photo and have hunted for it at length. Wish I could run across that shot again .

My. 1975 Plymouth Fury B Body parts car has the manual shifter pedal assembly . Can anyone on the forum tell me how difficult it would be to transfer them into my '61 Newport?
Haven't torn into it yet, but wondering if I'm getting ready to open up a s--t storm?

My. 1975 Plymouth Fury B Body parts car has the manual shifter pedal assembly . Can anyone on the forum tell me how difficult it would be to transfer them into my '61 Newport?
Haven't torn into it yet, but wondering if I'm getting ready to open up a s--t storm?
Without any specific knowledge of the pedals/floors... I would like to assure you that this will be a giant PITA. That said, it's going to be a major PITA anyhow... so at least keep everything, including related sheet metal, so you can fabricate whatever pedal/clutch/brake setup you're going for.

I'm not sure if you're foolish or brave... but you seem to have the right combination so far... I'm hoping you have the tenacity to finish this undertaking... I think its going to be a big job. Done well, and without the exterior BS that would ruin her looks, I think I'm going to really like this build. Thanks for your discretion so far.

Without any specific knowledge of the pedals/floors... I would like to assure you that this will be a giant PITA. That said, it's going to be a major PITA anyhow... so at least keep everything, including related sheet metal, so you can fabricate whatever pedal/clutch/brake setup you're going for.

I'm not sure if you're foolish or brave... but you seem to have the right combination so far... I'm hoping you have the tenacity to finish this undertaking... I think its going to be a big job. Done well, and without the exterior BS that would ruin her looks, I think I'm going to really like this build. Thanks for your discretion so far.
Another thought on the pedal assembly, is to buy a '61 or '62 pedal assemby and install that instead . It may be easier than dealing with trying to fabricate the B Body stuff into the '61.
The exterior golden lion decal was a passing thought, but was dismissed. Saw the Hellcat and just had a curiosity of a Golden Lion decal. Even if I had liked it enough to do it, not too many people would get the significance of the Golden Lion .

That running lion came standard on the '61 New Yorker door trim in anodize aluminum gold color. Try finding a set of those side spears. Just yankin' your chain Rob. Get on with your build Pal, we're all sitting here cheering for you. Jer

I had to fab a custom one-off clutch & brake pedal from scratch.
I'm pretty sure you'll have to do the same.

I had to fab a custom one-off clutch & brake pedal from scratch.
I'm pretty sure you'll have to do the same.
I have a friend that has two '62 Chrysler Newport parts cars with the three speed manual tranny. The pedal assemblies are in both of them. Wonder if I would be better off to try and use that set up?

Back