Rob's 1961 Chrysler resurrection!!!!

That would likely fit well as 61/62 are similar, certainly worth a go as you don't need to search for it.

Good luck
I have a friend that has two '62 Chrysler Newport parts cars with the three speed manual tranny. The pedal assemblies are in both of them. Wonder if I would be better off to try and use that set up?

Gutted the '75 Road Runner today. Got all the running gear out and in dry storage for the long WV winter .

20181028_152400.jpg

'72 Big block and 4 speed from '75 Road Runner swinging in the air and loaded in the back of my Dodge Dually for the trip back to my garage.

20181028_151920.jpg

20181028_151914.jpg

20181028_153703_HDR.jpg

I have a friend that has two '62 Chrysler Newport parts cars with the three speed manual tranny. The pedal assemblies are in both of them. Wonder if I would be better off to try and use that set up?
Of course it would but WHY? You still have to play with the different Bell Housings and floor pan hump. As an old guy that GRABBED GEARS for over 40 years I have a left leg that's way bigger 'round then the right one and I don't care if I ever see another clutch. 'Sides, no matter what you do or how you build your '62 you're still playing with 4400 pound lead sled. And even Don Garlit's couldn't do as well grabin' gears with the swamp rat as he could with a beefed up 727. But having said that It's your $ you're spending. How deep do you want to go for very little gain? Jer

Of course it would but WHY? You still have to play with the different Bell Housings and floor pan hump. As an old guy that GRABBED GEARS for over 40 years I have a left leg that's way bigger 'round then the right one and I don't care if I ever see another clutch. 'Sides, no matter what you do or how you build your '62 you're still playing with 4400 pound lead sled. And even Don Garlit's couldn't do as well grabin' gears with the swamp rat as he could with a beefed up 727. But having said that It's your $ you're spending. How deep do you want to go for very little gain? Jer
Couple of reasons.
First, I learned to drive in a '61 four door Newport with the three speed manual tranny and I just want it to be a manual tranny .
Second .I've also driven manuals for about the same length of time .I still own my '72 AMX that I bought new June 9th 1972, when I was 19 years old, that is a 401 4 speed. So that makes 47 years for me. I also had, for several years, a Dodge Turbo Diesel Dually with the 6 speed manual. I moved from Florida back up north, so I sold it and bought a 4 wd with the automatic .Give anything to have my old truck back as the surging issues with the automatic has driven me about half crazy . i think it's sorted out now' but that manual would pull my race car trailer SO much better .
I have the four speed hump from the Fury donor car, and a friend that is a fabricating wizard, to install it for me . I also have the bell housing, 4speed and all ansullary parts, still mounted to the 440 .The Hurst shifter is not on it, as I had to take it off to pull the motor .

I like different, hence the AMC Spirit AMX that I drag race .I like the round headlights instead of the dual rectangles that came on the Spirit, so I put a rare, one year only, '78 AMC Concord AMX front clip on it .It's just what I like and I don't mind taking the time or spending the money to do it. As I barter and trade my car stuff, and have some talented friends eager to help, it doesn't cost me near what you'd think to have what I want.
I already have a lightweight, low 10 second, wheel standing race car to get my adrenaline rush in . So I'm not looking to build a race car, just something different.
Believe me, I've spent a couple of years plotting out which direction I wanted to go with it. When I found this rusted out Fury with all the components under one hood, at a very readonable price, I made the decision to go this route. As far as clutching it, It's not going to be my daily driver, just something different to cruise around in .
I do appreciate your input, though, and any insight as I go through the build would be equally appreciated.
Thanks for the comments .

Point Made Rob, az we say GET AFTER IT. LOL FYI my 46 yearz was chasin' 48 states and all but 2 of the provinces with every possible transmission from a 3 spd to ah 20spd. 2 stick dragin' about every conceivable wagon configuration hangin' on my tail.

Point Made Rob, az we say GET AFTER IT. LOL FYI my 46 yearz was chasin' 48 states and all but 2 of the provinces with every possible transmission from a 3 spd to ah 20spd. 2 stick dragin' about every conceivable wagon configuration hangin' on my tail.
Lol!! Well, we're close on years, but you've got me in the mileage department!! I could see whay you would never want to see a clutch again!

Lol!! Well, we're close on years, but you've got me in the mileage department!! I could see whay you would never want to see a clutch again!
If you haven't found this yet... Jer's about as sympathetic as anyone will be on this build of yours...
For Sale - Kick-*** grocery getter: No rust '67 Belvy for $5.8 in MN

If you haven't found this yet... Jer's about as sympathetic as anyone will be on this build of yours...
For Sale - Kick-*** grocery getter: No rust '67 Belvy for $5.8 in MN
WOW!! That car is DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!!! Thank you for sharing that with me. Love to find one of those that I could afford . I've seen that car somewhere before .Maybe on here, just can't remember .I see what you mean too.

WOW!! That car is DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!!! Thank you for sharing that with me. Love to find one of those that I could afford . I've seen that car somewhere before .Maybe on here, just can't remember .I see what you mean too.
You should know the story by now... when Jer tells you to listen, you need to pay attention. :lol:

Man .The 4 motor mount bolts are a real PITA . Can't believe the nuts are so close together that you can't get a socket on them. Then they are a square nut instead of hex .Who engineered this idiotic configuration.

20181031_171606.jpg

First Mopar?
First car I ever bought was a '68 Fastback cuda when I was 19 back in 1972. 273 cid and 727. Headers 4 barrel abd Edelbrock intake .Small cam. It would stroll . First car I learned to drive to drive in was a '61 4 door Newport with manual tranny, back when I was 16 .My family always owned MOPARs. We had a couple of mid to late 70s New Yorkers.
I bought my dad a nice '56 Windsor V-250 for Christmas 13 years ago to commemorate the first Chrysler he bought back in '56 that he dearly loved .62,000 original mile unrestored beauty, that I wouldn't hesitate to go outside right now and take off for Alaska in it .
Our family project, about 35 years ago, is our 1926 Dodge Brothers 4 door business sedan. We did evetything to it as a family. Dad redid all the wood bows and frame for the top . My brother and I disassembled it, did what little bodybwork it needed and painted it . My mom stitched up the mohair interior. My brother spent weeks on the wood spoke wheels while working his job.
I'll include photos in this post of them .My best tools are in my race car trailer tool box that I left in Florida while I came back to WV for my wife's doctors visits to deal with her Alzheimer's. I didn't have a proper tool to get that big nut off the motor mount and did get a little frustrated as I'm racing bad weather, and my impending trip back to Florida next week, to try and get the 361 out and the engine bay cleaned and hopefully painted.
My daily driver is a Dodge Turbo Dually Diesel. It's my fourth one, counting taking over my dad's after his death. His 12 valve will run off and hide from my 24 valve .
So, no, it's far from my first MOPAR and the sun will come up tomorrow .I'll get the appropriate tool and take another stab at it. So close to getting it swinging on the hoist.
The '68 Cuda is not mine, but identical to it in every respect .
The '61 in the photo, is my mom and dad in front of the car I learned to drive in. Pic taken around 1965 or so .That more door would fly. Stripped of any and all options. Radio delete, rubber floor mats, etc.
Dad in front of the '26 after driving it in the local Veterans day parade a few years ago .We lost him summer of last year and last vet day parade is the first one he hasn't driven in for years. I couldn't even go .He was our hero and I miss him terribly . Hard to work on my '61 in his garage with the '56 sitting there beside it.
Ok .Sorry .I've rambled on long enough. Every one has been so nice to me and have pointed me in directions to get parts repaired or replaced.
Love this group and hope to participate a lot in it.

FB_IMG_1496854659353.jpg

FB_IMG_1496854694089.jpg

FullSizeR1.jpg

IMG_20170622_110640.jpg

Screenshot_2018-11-01-01-36-29~2.png

Back