Rock & Roll nominees

R&RHF has gotten some great bands to reunite and perform and that's fantastic but i can't really care that much on who gets in or who don't or who has yet to be even nominated, who should or should'nt be in. Awards ceremonys are just Corny and Un-Rock & Roll imo, taking itself too seriously. I love my Albums and 45s and that"s enough satisfaction for me.

Ted Nugent should have been in years ago but will never get there because of his politics. The nomination process seems a joke with only a few music executives involved. Start a rival HOF with nominations and selections by the fans then you might get my interest.

Ted Nugent should have been in years ago but will never get there because of his politics. The nomination process seems a joke with only a few music executives involved. Start a rival HOF with nominations and selections by the fans then you might get my interest.
Said on the news 1000 people from the music industry where involved in the selection. I think 5 maybe 6 got it.

Here’s the ones
A4408192-1596-43E6-A5E0-3B9F987EF88D.jpeg
that got in

I love Ted. Top grossing act in 1978. I wore out double live gonzo. He doesn’t belong and it’s not because of his politics.

Went through some of my favourite music and came up with some obvious oversights for the RRHOF
Thin Lizzy

Rory Gallagher

T-Rex

The Smiths

Link Wray

Emerson Lake & Palmer

The Doobie Brothers

Soundgarden

Procol Harum

Bad Company

Smashing Pumpkins

Ted Nugent

Supertramp

Inxs

Steppenwolf

Boston

The Guess Who

Joe Cocker

BB King

Foreigner

Badfinger

Grand Funk Railroad

The Cult

Blood Sweat & Tears

Joe Walsh

Alice in Chains

Tool

Mitch Ryder

John Mayall

Billy Idol

George Thorogood

Iggy Pop

Gordon Lightfoot

Johnny Rivers

America

Joe Jackson

Robin Trower

Johnny Winter

Steve Winwood

Free

Golden Earring

Chubby Checker

Kris Kristofferson

The Marshall Tucker Band

Steve Marriot

Boz Scaggs

Went through some of my favourite music and came up with some obvious oversights for the RRHOF
Thin Lizzy

Rory Gallagher

T-Rex

The Smiths

Link Wray

Emerson Lake & Palmer

The Doobie Brothers

Soundgarden

Procol Harum

Bad Company

Smashing Pumpkins

Ted Nugent

Supertramp

Inxs

Steppenwolf

Boston

The Guess Who

Joe Cocker

BB King

Foreigner

Badfinger

Grand Funk Railroad

The Cult

Blood Sweat & Tears

Joe Walsh

Alice in Chains

Tool

Mitch Ryder

John Mayall

Billy Idol

George Thorogood

Iggy Pop

Gordon Lightfoot

Johnny Rivers

America

Joe Jackson

Robin Trower

Johnny Winter

Steve Winwood

Free

Golden Earring

Chubby Checker

Kris Kristofferson

The Marshall Tucker Band

Steve Marriot

Boz Scaggs

Wow! Some heavy hitters on that list!

Been a John Prine fan since the 70s. Had the pleasure of catching a performance in a small theatre in Butte, MT about 5 years ago.

Abba, Laura Nyro, Public Enemy, Madonna or this?

Madonna deserves to be in pop music HOF but not R&R HOF. That’s part of my quarrel with this HOF. It’s no longer a R&R HOF.

I love Ted. Not HOF worthy.

It should be called "Popular Music hall of fame".

MC5 don't need no damned hall of fame.

Back