RockAuto Has Been Good To Me of Late

Megawattkid

Reaction score
C bodies coming in the mail

561607012.jpg

20181120_214456.jpg

I've gotten one or two Mopars in all my dealings with RA, sometimes they don't even put one in the box. :(

They gotta look at the list of what the parts are for before the magnet goes in the box. All of mine are Mopars with some Cs they've sent.

Last edited:
Of the 11 I have there were two Mopars. Neither were c-bodies. All of my orders have been for my 74 Monaco.

They gotta look at the list of what the parts are for before the magnet goes in the box. All of mine are Molars with some Cs they've sent.
Don't let Doc find this out, he'll be jealous.

I never used them but have a nice selection of parts. Good to see some positive reviews.

You have to really look at prices and shipping. They ship from multiple warehouses, so add up the shipping. Sometimes it's great and sometimes it's a little outrageous. I grab the part number and do a search on my Amazon Prime. It's sometimes cheaper and you get it faster.

One thing.... Never order anything you need "now" from Rock Auto.... They use DHL with a hand off to USPS. It is the slowest method of shipping out there. Quickest I've ever gotten anything was 5 days... Usually it's closer to 10 days.

You have to really look at prices and shipping. They ship from multiple warehouses, so add up the shipping. Sometimes it's great and sometimes it's a little outrageous. I grab the part number and do a search on my Amazon Prime. It's sometimes cheaper and you get it faster.

One thing.... Never order anything you need "now" from Rock Auto.... They use DHL with a hand off to USPS. It is the slowest method of shipping out there. Quickest I've ever gotten anything was 5 days... Usually it's closer to 10 days.

Very true, always best to look around. Some shipping charges can be outrageous.

I have only ordered Formal parts and got a Chevelle and an El Camino magnet. Also a Dart and a GM station wagon. Never a C-Body.

Rock Auto is great if you don't need the part today. I don't mind waiting on shipping. Stan alerts me sometimes when they have hard to find Formal stuff.

You're kidding? 2-3 days for me so far, nothing longer

Shipping is usually slow, but they do have good selection and I haven' gotten a bad part yet. Saves me a trip to the parts store when I don't need thing soon and I'm feeling antisocial.

You're kidding? 2-3 days for me so far, nothing longer
I have an order coming Friday... Some bits for the Barracuda. I ordered them last Friday. They shipped on Monday from NJ.

Generally speaking, it takes at least a week.

EDIT: I thought the package was coming today... I was mistaken.

Last edited:
Sometimes I get stuff from RA a day earlier than expected but most of the time it's a day or two later. Like I said before.....if I order something from RA I'm not in a hurry so whenever it gets to me is fine.

I've got 20-30 of those magnets so far not many Mopars but I am a RockAuto believer for sure. We even use them time to time at the Dealership level. Just ordered a clutch for a Tacoma got it faster than the local NAPA and for 1/2 the price! Only downfall is the DHL delivery and the custom charges they hand you at the door....

Back