WANTED Roof Rail Weatherstrip for '78 New Yorker Brougham 4-door

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsbolin

Reaction score
Contact seller
The roof rail molding on the New Yorker I just acquired needs to be replaced. Please let me know of reputable establishment where I can order roof rail molding. I need to replace on both sides of the vehicle.

IMG_0248.jpeg

IMG_0245.jpeg

thats just known as weatherstrip; molding implies the metal trim.
do a search on the site, other members have posted their work arounds.
some weatherstrip is available but i dont think those pieces ( yet, there has been talk of repros possibly being made)

i think Steele rubber products was 1 maker but i think they only had stuff for sedans, others can advise better

Last edited:
I'm here to tell you the bad news that there is no roof rail weather strips for 74-78 four door hardtop C-bodies left in the entire universe. The very last pair in existence now reside in Miami.

I'm here to tell you the bad news that there is no roof rail weather strips for 74-78 four door hardtop C-bodies left in the entire universe. The very last pair in existence now reside in Miami.
The search, maybe correclty called the scavenger hunt, will continue.

All the above is true, however! I found a company that sells weatherstripping that will work, they clams it’s a GM style. They sell it by the Foot. You’ll need 14’.. and when pulling the Old! Keep your corners!!! So do NOT get rid of them. Use your favorite glue to bond the corners to new weatherstripping.. when / If you call, they have it listed as “75RoofRail” weatherstripping.

9420A177-BCC9-4D1D-A934-A99C691AEB6D.jpeg

No sir. Total.
Thanks, again for the information. I have sent a text to Dylan, but have not yet received a reply.

I measured last evening. 14' total length. I have been in contact with Restoration Specialties, but they mentioned a different weatherstrip. I will contact them about this "75RoofRail".

Ron

Thanks, again for the information. I have sent a text to Dylan, but have not yet received a reply.

I measured last evening. 14' total length. I have been in contact with Restoration Specialties, but they mentioned a different weatherstrip. I will contact them about this "75RoofRail".

Ron
You can contact both companies and have them send you samples of the weatherstripping, you can then decide which one works better for you. I have mine coiled up in a box ready for installation when the time comes.

You can contact both companies and have them send you samples of the weatherstripping, you can then decide which one works better for you. I have mine coiled up in a box ready for installation when the time comes.
I have a response from Dylan. He has original factory and that is what I am going to use. Thanks for your referral.

Ron

Alrighty, folks. Made a deal to purchase original stock roof rail weatherstripping from Dylan. After several times this week of contacting to see when he was going to ship and was told last Saturday, the 6th of May, it would be shipped on Sunday. I have received nothing.

The number is now disconnected.

Out some good $. It was not cheap because it was in the original box. Wife is going to be pissed.

Alrighty, folks. Made a deal to purchase original stock roof rail weatherstripping from Dylan. After several times this week of contacting to see when he was going to ship and was told last Saturday, the 6th of May, it would be shipped on Sunday. I have received nothing.

The number is now disconnected.

Out some good $. It was not cheap because it was in the original box. Wife is going to be pissed.
Depending on how you paid This Jerk Off, you can dispute the payment and get reimbursed. I.e PayPal, eBay.. even you CC company can help. Look into it.

I ordered the roofrail weatherstripping from Restoration Specialties and installed over the weekend. Need to bond the new with the old, but she sure looks a lot better. Have to work on both rear windows since appears both are fully raised but they are not.

Now I need the window channel mouldings for all of the doors. The moulding that is afixed to the doors that the windows slide up and down through. I am calling Restoration Specialities tomorrow inc I could not find it in their catalog.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations on where to find the weatherstripping.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back