Convertible Seals: Steele Rail Weather-strip Set

Jengel451

Reaction score
Hey all, this past year I installed new front convertible seal. There is a gap that I can't really solve for, I've sent Steele my original seals and they acknowledge that there is a difference, but they also say that they have sold over 200 sets and only have had a few returns over the years.

So here's my question, has anyone on here used the same set and if so, what year/model have you installed them on, and do you have the same issue? See the picture's I've attached for reference, it's a pretty good sized gap above the wing window frame.

1965-1968 Chrysler Dodge Plymouth Convertible Roof Rail Weatherstrip Set|Steele Rubber Products

My car is a 67 Fury, I have a wing window frame off a 68 and it's the exact same outside dimensions and shape. so same issue there. I have to wonder if they tooled it off an earlier car etc. The fitment goes from 65-68. Fury, Imperial, 300, Newport, Polara.

let me know what you have and if you can post pictures if you have the gap. Steele sounds like they want to figure this out, so please help if you can.

Fury Vert Seal 1.jpg

Fury Vert Seal 2.jpg

Fury Vert Seal 3.jpg

you won't be able to use bulk material for the Conv top front rail, it's a complex piece with corners etc. The front along the top of the windshield is flat then it tapers a bit to the corners and has a bend there where it starts to go backwards along the Vent frame and then the side window.

That being said. Steele said "no go" on re-tooling. The cost of re-tooling is cost prohibitive, they just don't sell enough to warrant it. I get it, sucks, but I get it.

My guess is whoever supplied them with the original to model off of was a bad original and nobody ever corrected them out of the gate years ago.
Go in RA in the universal section body. They sell a ton of weatherstripping by the foot you just need to know the profile dimensions. Saved me a ton of money.

Body & Lamp Assembly Weatherstrip Parts | RockAut

Hey all, this past year I installed new front convertible seal. There is a gap that I can't really solve for, I've sent Steele my original seals and they acknowledge that there is a difference, but they also say that they have sold over 200 sets and only have had a few returns over the years.

So here's my question, has anyone on here used the same set and if so, what year/model have you installed them on, and do you have the same issue? See the picture's I've attached for reference, it's a pretty good sized gap above the wing window frame.

1965-1968 Chrysler Dodge Plymouth Convertible Roof Rail Weatherstrip Set|Steele Rubber Products

My car is a 67 Fury, I have a wing window frame off a 68 and it's the exact same outside dimensions and shape. so same issue there. I have to wonder if they tooled it off an earlier car etc. The fitment goes from 65-68. Fury, Imperial, 300, Newport, Polara.

let me know what you have and if you can post pictures if you have the gap. Steele sounds like they want to figure this out, so please help if you can.

View attachment 615431

View attachment 615432

View attachment 615433
I put on a set in the last 6 months from Steele on my '67 Fury III convertible. Everything fits the way it should. I still need to get seals for the forward edge of the wing window frame/windshield interface, though.

I put on a set in the last 6 months from Steele on my '67 Fury III convertible. Everything fits the way it should. I still need to get seals for the forward edge of the wing window frame/windshield interface, though.
Weird. Pictures of the areas I showed above please.

Back