Running and driving!

It's hard to tell what the left side (drivers) exhaust manifold looks like, could you take a good side view pic of it? It kind of looks like a B/E body manifold, but the pic is really dark. Good deal saving that car.
Travis..

Dads300, I'll take a better picture of it and post it when I get it back from they guy who clear coated it. Probably Friday. I'm interested to find out if it is a B-Body exhaust manifold

Hi Justin,

honest opinion:

the good: you saved it from dieing

I like patina. To me it is a little bit too rough, though. But I would have never clear coated it. To me it is : Leave it original or do it right.

the real bad:
Wheels and tires. 15" steel wheels with beautiful habcaps would have been the way to go for me.

And I would have taken the money spent for wheels/tires for the engine rebuilt.

anyway keep up the work and the old barge alive

Carsten

I respect your opinion Carsten. Everybody has there own style, whether it is OEM, Hot rod, or rat rod. I would have liked to just leave the patina alone, but out here in North Carolina it is too humid and the rust take hold. The clear coat was just to conserve it and later I can paint it. Either way I'll keep her on the road, and I keep on giving love to that old big booty girl! By the way, I'm getting the engine rebuilt this week. I've done so much to the engine, I can't even remember everything. But oil is getting past the rings, so its definitely rebuild time.

Justin,
Welcome aboard. It really is a gratifying feeling to have breathed life back into an old car. Thanks for saving another worthy car. From one novice to another way to go. There are lots of helpful folks here when you run into something that stumps you.

Re the exhaust manifolds, waybback when Inhad a 65 383 SF and a friend had a 70 40 Charger R/T. He wanyed headers and I wanted duals so he made me a sweet dxeal on his magnum manifolds. I put em on the Fury and oreded up some OEM dual exhaust.
Fit like a glove.
I kinda like the patina for now, the clear protects it while you sort it out and dont have to worry about the paint.

Back