SAVED ! 66 Imperial convertible

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Ok here’s the video of that 66 Imperial I was tipped off on two weeks ago. My buddy “Field Agent 340” will take the car & do his magic. Please support the video. Like & share. We have several other cars in the pipeline. We need all the help we can get. Thanks guys. Hope you like the video. What a tremendous find !
SAVED ! 1966 Imperial convertible

Hey Bob - just found this. Congrats! They are definitely high quality cars as you saw. Trying to remember if the number is 514 or 541 convertibles for '66. Lowest of the 3 yrs as I recall. Looks well-optioned, tilt/tele wheel and the 420 AM/FM wonderbar radio. Even Matt's power vents. Only thing I didn't see was the big ol' eye for the automatic headlight dimmer. Did see side marker lights, an option I've never seen before on a '66. Have him check the trunk too, right behind the inside latch, to see if it has the reverb unit. I think they used the same windshield back to '57 or '59?

The only rust repair I could find on mine was the rear quarters. Both appear to have been patched up at some point. Being from the northeast, I'm stunned that was the worst of it.

Looks too like he'll either need a set of rear springs or maybe can re-arch those. Helpers visible on both sides and it looked like it was sitting low.

It's great to see another one get saved. Having owned a Lincoln and worked on caddys from the timeframe, I can say the Imperial is built better - maybe overbuilt. Amazing to still see the factory numbers on the side of that frame!

Will look forward to updates. Good luck with it!

Hey Bob - just found this. Congrats! They are definitely high quality cars as you saw. Trying to remember if the number is 514 or 541 convertibles for '66. Lowest of the 3 yrs as I recall. Looks well-optioned, tilt/tele wheel and the 420 AM/FM wonderbar radio. Even Matt's power vents. Only thing I didn't see was the big ol' eye for the automatic headlight dimmer. Did see side marker lights, an option I've never seen before on a '66. Have him check the trunk too, right behind the inside latch, to see if it has the reverb unit. I think they used the same windshield back to '57 or '59?

The only rust repair I could find on mine was the rear quarters. Both appear to have been patched up at some point. Being from the northeast, I'm stunned that was the worst of it.

Looks too like he'll either need a set of rear springs or maybe can re-arch those. Helpers visible on both sides and it looked like it was sitting low.

It's great to see another one get saved. Having owned a Lincoln and worked on caddys from the timeframe, I can say the Imperial is built better - maybe overbuilt. Amazing to still see the factory numbers on the side of that frame!

Will look forward to updates. Good luck with it!
Thank you. I’ll keep you posted as he works on it

Back