Saved car #2 70 300

No likes my sarcasam i see.
Unfortunately, sarcasm doesn't always come across with the written word... I'll give you the benefit of the doubt this time.

Note that I can spell sarcasm....

So if you sell the trim and other parts off this car to others, then there is all the boxing, communicating, pulling the parts and shipping hassle (and associated lost time) you are mentioning that I thought you wanted to avoid?

If you sell the car whole to someone, especially someone overseas like the Finland comment in this thread, you could make quite a profit if this car does run, even with a bent pushrod. I don't know what you have in that car, but I suspect it is around $2000. Guys in Finland or Germany will pay easily 3 to 4 times that for your car since it does run (even with a bent pushrod), is complete and seemingly rust free plus great colors and options. Then you could still buy the parts you need from Murray Park (I would just have a body guy fix the dented valence on your convertible unless it is completely hammered). And I will just send you an AM bezel for shipping cost. This is really a good opportunity for you - think about it! Do you really want to part out that car and box and ship parts to others who might pay you when they say they will (Big John aside) or all the other hassles associated with parting a car? You will have plenty of cash from such a sale to buy whatever you might still need for your convertible and much more (and your convertible is already pretty nice from what I recall). Look beyond your present needs and think more about the big picture. And save a great car in the process and have extra cash for your convertible!
Howdy what I need is a am/fm 8 track bezel/dash which is a little harder to find . Do you have one ?

Huh???
Got news for you... used parts come from wherever you can get them. If you want a decent used piece, it's most likely going to come from a decent car.

His intention is/was to keep the car for parts for the car he is working on... He was nice enough to offer parts to those of us that need them. Too many times people hoard parts that they will never need or use.

No one here said "hey... you need to part that car out". I offered to buy trim I really need.... after he asked if anyone needs parts. So... "shame on me" for trying to make my car complete.

If you really think that car should be saved, put your money where your mouth is and offer to buy it. Shame on you if you don't.

I offered to buy it the first time it came around, and no response then either. So if anyone made an offer, it is futile. He won't need the wheel lip trim since his Newport Convertible has different wheel lip trim. So Big John is the likely winner. At least the trim would go to a worthy car. That is, if he really doesn't mind finding a box, wrapping up the trim and making the drive to the post office after communication and the payment is made of course. Which he initially said he wanted to avoid. He just makes no sense to me. But it is his car.
And most of the car will likely rot................... so be it. Time to move on.

Howdy what I need is a am/fm 8 track bezel/dash which is a little harder to find . Do you have one ?

Yes, I do have one. But you aren't selling your car and it is too much trouble to find a box, wrap and take it to the post office for me.

I offered to buy it the first time it came around, and no response then either. So if anyone made an offer, it is futile. He won't need the wheel lip trim since his Newport Convertible has different wheel lip trim. So Big John is the likely winner. At least the trim would go to a worthy car. That is, if he really doesn't mind finding a box, wrapping up the trim and making the drive to the post office after communication and the payment is made of course. Which he initially said he wanted to avoid. He just makes no sense to me. But it is his car.
And most of the car will likely rot................... so be it. Time to move on.
I must be very forgetful as I do not recall you offering to buy this car remind me how much you offered and what was my reply. Also show me the email showing the offer. If I remember right you own a red 70 bought from the same place. If I have it wrong I am sorry.

Yes, I do have one. But you aren't selling your car and it is too much trouble to find a box, wrap and take it to the post office for me.
You made my point If I buy something somebody has to pull it pack it and ship it to me.

Did this car sell or was it parted?
I was supposed to get the wheel well molding. He told me that it was packed and ready to ship.... and that's the last I've heard from him. He hasn't been on since early July.

I hope he's OK.

This is a very sad story for me. So many hovering over this poor car that could be saved if conditions were right but on the other hand could provide a longer life for better cared for cars in need of help.. No opinions here ,,it is just reality and it will only get worse with time.

This is a very sad story for me. So many hovering over this poor car that could be saved if conditions were right but on the other hand could provide a longer life for better cared for cars in need of help.. No opinions here ,,it is just reality and it will only get worse with time.[/QUOTE
This is a very sad story for me. So many hovering over this poor car that could be saved if conditions were right but on the other hand could provide a longer life for better cared for cars in need of help.. No opinions here ,,it is just reality and it will only get worse with time.

Sorry lot of personal stuff got in the way PM sent

Last edited:
Back