For Sale Scam Charger CL ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
The car is complete 2007 Dodge Charger Only 904 ever made!

2007 Dodge Charger
Only 904 ever made!
Similar to the limousine that transported the Beatles when they came to Dallas (who knows? They may have ridden in this very car!)
60,000 original miles
Last registered 2007
Has title and keys
Was stored under a carport for the last 30 years
The windshield itself is very valuable, since it the one on this year limo is unique.
Many other valuable parts!

The car is complete.
Black, V8, automatic transmission
Loaded with options, including AC (front and rear)
Black cloth and leather

Known issues:
Does not run
Mechanics looked at it and said they were surprised by how clean everything was in the engine. Unfortunately, the spark plugs had not been screwed all the way in on one side, and we think the moisture did the engine in. All attempts to get it to turn over have failed.

The interior is rough, with the exception of the middle seats.
The exterior is rusting.
2 of the tires are flat - I don't know if they'll hold air or not.
Most of the trim is on; there is additional trim stored in the back seat.
The air filter, pulley, and fan are in the back seat: they needed to be removed to try and start the engine.

00P0P_1eltDpuTvcf_600x450.jpg

2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 for sale in Fort Worth, TX
-x260.jpg

That's funny stuff right there! I usually flag scam ads on Craigslist but that one needs to stay for people's enjoyment.

You wouldn't believe all the scammers on C/L that crawled out of the sewer when I advertised my old engine for sale....

Can you call my Mom at XXXXX with the info....she'll send a check if the engine is still for sale.

I'm thinking this one is a tounge in cheek ad poking fun at scam ads. The Beatles reference makes me think that. Scammers usually just cut and paste legitimate ads. They don't have the sense of humor this one has.

You wouldn't believe all the scammers on C/L that crawled out of the sewer when I advertised my old engine for sale....

Can you call my Mom at XXXXX with the info....she'll send a check if the engine is still for sale.
I thought Dave was getting it?

A few years back there was a Honda Prelude making the rounds
I enquired about it
And the woman responded with the shipping costs from Toronto
Then when I told her I could drive over with the cash the car suddenly was in Alaska then in the USA then in SD then back to Canada
I played along telling them to send the Bank details
Then I sent it off to the local scam section police dept
I never got to get to see the car in person
Strangely enough that background looks very familiar to the advertisement for the Prelude ...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back