Scat/Cat Mufflers VINTAGE

Fury Pursuit

Reaction score
Hey Gents,....who remembers these? Has anyone run them on a C body lately. I know what they are,....just asking for opinions on them. I have an NOS set I may run on a car just for fun.

scat cat.jpg

I remember those.

Currently running Flowmaster 40"s on my Formal's.

Ahh... The classic glass pack muffler. They are loud and obnoxious when new and get worse as the fiberglass packing blows out. I had them on a car when I was a teenager and decided even back then to never do it again. They drone at highway speed and fart when you downshift or go down a hill.

The cheap ones have saw cuts and the better ones have punched perforations in the center tube. BTW, a good "turbo" muffler flows better.

I used a pair on my 300 as resonators to quiet the noisy mufflers the PO had installed. They worked well for that.

I had the same appearing mufflers on my '69 Caprice Coupe with a 427 engine. They may have a baffle on one end that was tack welded to make them alittle quieter but we knocked them out before instalation on the car. Boy did they give a rap with that big block.

I like to get glass packs really hot and then spray them with a hose. :D

My favorites from the 60's.
I liked them because you could offset the ends to make your hacked exhaust system fit.

me5.jpg

Last edited:
thrush hush turbo. i haven't found a modern muffler that will duplicate that sound.
hush.jpg

4097017057_2de7ace7b5_z.jpg

Hey Gents,....who remembers these? Has anyone run them on a C body lately. I know what they are,....just asking for opinions on them. I have an NOS set I may run on a car just for fun.

View attachment 102291
Hi there!
Do you still have these??
My father always talks about when he first bought a brand new 1968 super bee from the dealership as a junior in high school. Anyway the first thing he did was cut the new mufflers off and put a set of scat cat mufflers on!!
He always tells stories about that super bee. He said that thing was so loud!!
I never seen a set. If you’d be interested in selling them, my dad would die to hang them on the garage wall!!
Thank you!!!!

Last edited:
Hi there!
Do you still have these??
My father always talks about when he first bought a brand new 1968 super bee for the dealership as a junior in high school. Anyway the first thing he did was cut the new mufflers of and put a set of scat cat mufflers on!!
He always tells stories about that super bee. He said that thing was so loud!!
I never seen a set. If you’d be interested in selling them, my dad would die to hang them on the garage wall!!
Thanks you!!!!

I still have them; NOS in original boxes, with window decals and instructions.

I was going to use them on an A14 Road Runner, but you could always make an offer, up to you.

I still have them; NOS in original boxes, with window decals and instructions.

I was going to use them on an A14 Road Runner, but you could always make an offer, up to you.

Wow, that’s cool!
I never even seen one except in the Ads. I really have no idea what something like that would be worth.
We would just put them on a shelf to look at. Any idea what you would want for them?
Thanks!

I see there was an NOS for sale on Ebay - $99, just for a reference price - shipping is what will kill you.

Buy a set of Cherry Bomb
glasspacks, Glasspack - Cherry Bomb® - Disturbing The Peace, since 1968 paint them yellow, and then add the decal SCATCAT Competition Mufflers Vintage Style Decal Vinyl Sticker Racing Hot Rod | eBay and throw in a vintage ad 1971 Scat Cat Competition Muffler Do Your Thing Sexy Baby Grand Print Ad. | eBay

Nobody will know - not even your Dad.

Here is a little history on them: phscollectorcarworld: Retro Flashback Feature: Those G/S Glasspack Babes

I see there was an NOS for sale on Ebay - $99, just for a reference price - shipping is what will kill you.

Buy a set of Cherry Bomb
glasspacks, Glasspack - Cherry Bomb® - Disturbing The Peace, since 1968 paint them yellow, and then add the decal SCATCAT Competition Mufflers Vintage Style Decal Vinyl Sticker Racing Hot Rod | eBay and throw in a vintage ad 1971 Scat Cat Competition Muffler Do Your Thing Sexy Baby Grand Print Ad. | eBay

Nobody will know - not even your Dad.

Here is a little history on them: phscollectorcarworld: Retro Flashback Feature: Those G/S Glasspack Babes

I understand the rational,...but you can't really paint a Ford a different color and then call it a Chrysler; that's just not what it is.

My humble opinion, is if you want an original part, you get the original part.

C71C249A-B95D-451E-8454-041652660C46.jpeg
E4AE883F-D29A-4C29-9EAD-C4DF3227AC96.jpeg
4DCFCD7E-0CE9-40F4-9430-240DBE88EA55.jpeg
C1F3F1BD-B7FB-475F-AB26-A2A1196B9F76.jpeg
Still interested in them Fury Pursuit

Cool! As I stated earlier, I was going to run them on my Roadrunner; I don’t have to.

Make me an offer if you like. I might let them go.

Back