Selling the 300....

75kona

Reaction score
I have read so many of these narratives and never thought I would be the one writing one… In life you have to do things that sometimes you don’t necessary want to do but must do to better your family. Long story short I have the opportunity to purchase our dream home. And to do that I need to sell our current home and pay of some debt. And to do that I am going to have to sell my recently acquired 1968 Chrysler 300.

The realtor comes over tonight to do an estimate on our house and if it will sell for what we need the process begins and the car will be for sale. If she says we cannot get what is necessary out of our current place then the car stays because we will be staying. Now what do you think its worth in its current shape? I need to get the most out of it as possible obviously to accomplish my goal but am willing to give someone on here a deal on a nice driver.
8.jpg

8.jpg

Runs and drives like a dream. Has many paint chips and one crease as pictured. The other side has a bad trim piece (have replacement) and about a 2” tear in the top next to the trip piece. Interior is in great condition minus one small tear in the driver’s seat and tear in drivers armrest.

I had a feeling when the car was first posted it was going to be flipped... At least we all know what you payed for it......

That's a bummer but if it gets you your dream house. I hope you will be able to keep it in the garage at your dream house.

I had a feeling when the car was first posted it was going to be flipped... At least we all know what you payed for it......

What I paid for it is irrelevant when I sell it. Yes I will give someone here a good deal if interested but I need to get the most out of it for obvious reasons. I am an open book if someone asks me how much I paid for anything I’m selling I’ll tell them. Because it makes no difference.

Congrats on the dream house!

Dream house isn’t acquired yet… like I said it all really depends on how much my current house will sell for.

This statement right here clued me in that this car was going to be a flip car. So... how many of the 40 cars you've owned in all your 26 years do you still have??.... Will your Chevy truck, and gm truck get sold also?

I’m only 26 and have had 40ish cars, half of which being projects of some kind. Had lots of old trucks and jeeps. Currently have a 1956 Chevy truck and 1949 GMC truck. Never had an older big bodied car before and its growing on me!

This statement right here clued me in that this car was going to be a flip car. So... how many of the 40 cars you've owned in all your 26 years do you still have??.... Will your Chevy truck, and gm truck get sold also?

Probably lol I like to get new toys :) what difference does it make to you whether I keep or sell a car?

That's why you never blab about what you paid for something until 40 years later.
If you were fortunate to get a good score, you leave it at that.

Back