Seriously, I need help with this one. 65 Fury 'vert frame off resto 426

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's his gastank filler tube.......... On the 65's in was in the rear quarter. The 66 went in from behind the license plate.

For a frame off restoration the leaf spring bushings look like crap! And if you look through the pics the hood emblem is not correct nor is the insert in the grille.

Nice clean car...but a bunch of little things that really jump out at me. Maybe I'm too picky...but I'm a stickler for details.

The rear spring bushings were not replaced...as spotted by BJS. Also look at the paint cooked through from where they welded the spare tire holder to the floor after the paint job. Not sure what's happening with the heater hose bracket in the engine bay...looks like two sheet metal screws holing it in place? Then there is the generic exhaust hangers....YUKKK. At least TRY to make the hangers look original. I could go on....:icon_biggrin:

Look at the quarters and you'll see they used those crappy aftermarket panels. There's no compound curves, just straight flat lines and the wheel opening doesn't even look close to being right.

IMHO, this would be a better car if they had left those panels rusty rather than welding that crap on it. It's going to be a lot more expensive to fix it the right way now.

Before I start in with my list of WTFs for just that one picture, I need to ask the Best & the Brightest one question first, is that "torque box" factory? Or is that a crappy mess of HD angle iron?

Posted via Topify on Android

For a frame off restoration the leaf spring bushings look like crap! And if you look through the pics the hood emblem is not correct nor is the insert in the grille.

One of the first things I noticed. Dry rotted bushings.

Before I start in with my list of WTFs for just that one picture, I need to ask the Best & the Brightest one question first, is that "torque box" factory? Or is that a crappy mess of HD angle iron?

Those are some crappy factory welds if that is a factory torque box.

Looks like a model car from this angle...

$_57.JPG

The "torque box" looks right but holy crap,those quarters!

I would agree. I'm not in the best category, but they do remind me of my old 69 Superbee. The left rear 1/4 looks a little thick on the bottom edge, maybe it is just the picture. It's a nice car, however just guessing based on the add, the seller wants the moon.

That's his gastank filler tube.......... On the 65's in was in the rear quarter. The 66 went in from behind the license plate.
Nobody's commenting about the chitass plumbing??
Two different sized tubes connected by a stretched out rubber hose and propped up by a piece of flimsy bent metal off of a soup can.

And that torque box is still annoying me.

Along with the universal tail pipe hanger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back