She’s ready for a drivetrain!

Nice work Isaiah and you should be proud! You have done a great job and I am looking forward to watch your progress, so please keep those pictures coming.
Reading about your progress is a refreshing change of pace, plus nice to see a young man as yourself taking the initiative and diving in head first.
The hard work and time you are investing in your ride shows you have a strong desire. Thank you for getting here back on the road, where she belongs.

Thank you so much! It means a lot to hear comments like these, especially in times when I’ve felt discouraged with this car. I definitely jumped staight into the deep end with this one, but seeing progress as time goes by is extremely rewarding. I can’t wait to do a photo dump of all the before and after pics when this thing finally hits the road!

EF7A4908-ADEB-42AA-A8C6-2EE06EA87CE6.jpeg

She wasn’t very inviting at first…
Incredible Isaiah. Keep it coming!

Thank you!

It was a hard decision, and I really wouldn’t have preferred it myself… but this car is never going to be a full “show” car (¿maybe someday?) It’s just going to be a REALLY clean cruiser. My idea behind flat black, is the fact that it is easy to touch up in case anything ever gets messed up. Another thing too, is that it will showcase how beautiful that rebuilt and dressed up 440 is going to look!!! Here’s what it looks like so far… Seam sealed and painted in satin black.

Also, I can’t decide on a body color QUITE yet, so I am going to wet sand, buff and polish the paint and seal it with clear coat to preserve the original PP1 paint for now! It will be a nice “work in progress.” I’m going to paint the roof in silver most likely and give her a attitude height adjustment … I’m a big fan of the 70s lowered look with a slight rake. Not too radical but just to set the theme just right for this!
Great job on your frame, it looks beautiful. Here's a reference pic for you. I dropped the rear 2 inches with blocks, & adjusted the torsion bars in the front to give me just under 4 inches clearance on the crossmember. It's a quick easy way to get that stance your looking for. Can't wait to see more pic's as you move ahead. Keep up the good work.

20220407_200350.jpg

Isaiah, "DANG GOOD" thanks I need the inspiration..
Whats the story with your front suspension? lloks like you've had some work done .

Haywire, nice looking ride!

Back