Shifter Boot & Pedals

Ram Fury

Reaction score
Lads --
The gear shift boot for the 4-speed on my '65 Sport Fury needs to be replaced as do the brake and clutch pedals. Some time ago I was able across some replacement pedals, ones without the steel bezels around the edges, but I can't seem able to find any kind whatsoever now. I suppose I could get the solid rubber ones and have a machine shop fashion bezels out of stainless steel.
Any suggestions about finding both shifter boot and pedals of any stock type?
Joe Godec

100_0391.JPG
I think if you go a Google/Ebay search you will find one. I had an impossible time finding one for my '62 300 Sport Convertible. Since my transmission came from the truck division I thought it might interchange with some other vehicle. Take a picture of yours, number of screw holes and dimensions. I finally found one for almost $500 but eventually found a second in time on Ebay for about $75. Both were NOS as nothing was ever reproduced.

Lads --
The gear shift boot for the 4-speed on my '65 Sport Fury needs to be replaced as do the brake and clutch pedals. Some time ago I was able across some replacement pedals, ones without the steel bezels around the edges, but I can't seem able to find any kind whatsoever now. I suppose I could get the solid rubber ones and have a machine shop fashion bezels out of stainless steel.
Any suggestions about finding both shifter boot and pedals of any stock type?
Joe Godec

Try www.brewersperformance.com/products.php?cat=56

Dave

Last edited:
www.jimsautoparts.com has a wide assortment of pedal covers. Many of the chrome bezels had tabs on them that could be unbent to allow the rubber pad to be replaced and the bezel reinstalled. Do you have the trapezoid pedal with the raised dots or the ribbed type rectangular pedals?

Dave

The ribbed rectangular pedals are correct for B bodies, and are not correct (technically) for C bodies. I have a 66 440 4-speed car, and all of them I've seen have the horizontally ribbed pads like those I linked to you in the previous post. Depending on the trim line, they'd have the bezels around them, or not. If your car is a Sport Fury, they should have the bezels. However, perhaps (if your pedal pads look original), the assembly line were out of the horizontally ribbed pads that day and you got B body ones... never say never with Mopar!

We'd like to see pictures of your car! Here's a pic of the dash of my car with the proper pedals like a Sport Fury should have. Mine is a 66 though, so the console is different.
Ross Kilo Speedo.jpg

The ribbed rectangular pedals are correct for B bodies, and are not correct (technically) for C bodies. I have a 66 440 4-speed car, and all of them I've seen have the horizontally ribbed pads like those I linked to you in the previous post. Depending on the trim line, they'd have the bezels around them, or not. If your car is a Sport Fury, they should have the bezels. However, perhaps (if your pedal pads look original), the assembly line were out of the horizontally ribbed pads that day and you got B body ones... never say never with Mopar!

We'd like to see pictures of your car! Here's a pic of the dash of my car with the proper pedals like a Sport Fury should have. Mine is a 66 though, so the console is different.
Ross --
My pedals are the same (but worn) as yours and just as I remember them in the car that I had back in '64-'67 that was the virtual twin to the one I have now (i.e., Medium Red Metallic inside and out, 426-S, 4-speed, no PS).
The photos below are of Sport Fury No.1 (taken ca. Spring 1966), S.F. No.2 in 2017, and No.2 right after it came off the truck in September 2016. The crate on the passenger's seat contains a new grill.
Joe
IMG_0339 (1).JPG

IMG_2176.JPG
IMG_2167.JPG

Lads --
Gotta thank you all for the tips on the shifter boot and pedals. I contacted Brewer's and they had the shifter boot and while their pedals don't have the steel bezels, I think I might be able to get a machine shop to fabricate a couple for me.
So thanks to all for your help.
Joe

Duh... of course. I expect then they do not fit.

I bet you could have success this way - find a couple of correct for C body automatic brake pedel bezels and have someone skilled at welding thin stainless cut them down to size and weld them up for you.

There's gotta be thousands of thise bezels kicking around...

Back