IMG_0092.JPG

IMG_0309.JPG

pushbutton trunk opener
rear window defrost
hand throttle

I thought that these were not ``things typical of a police package.``

What is a ``fuel off load system``?

I think that was a petcock in the fuel line so you could supply fuel to a motorist out of gas. Just went back and looked at the add for the '77. That car is in this forum somewhere. There is a picture and discussion of the "fuel off load system" in that thread.

pushbutton trunk opener
rear window defrost
hand throttle

I thought that these were not ``things typical of a police package.``

Well if your like me, never sat in one until I bought it. YEP, That's police goodies like a single key option and the plethora of other stuff in the list. Drove it all day today. Looks like it will go to a local, and I don't even have a sign on it. Just hate to see it sit outside so buyer needs to have a garage.

PS the Wisconsin donor car had factory block heaters (cop stuff) which I did not put on this one. Since a Sheriff is elected and he comes across someone out of gas, turn the valve, get a vote. (see pic) Only in America. The hand throttle is to fast idle the car when running parked at some event to prevent overheating. And of course the pushbutton trunk is so you don't have to turn the car off to get emergency supplies. (not included). LOL Thanks for the comments.

IMG_0261.JPG

IMG_0260 (2).JPG

IMG_0322.JPG

Last edited:
That brown car is from Downers grove Illinois....
Brown hemi car built in July 66, not ordered by anyone so it went to dealership in West Virginia as Nascar said 1 per dealer or no more R. Petty racie! . A dude traveling thru to Charleston Heights, SC (or NC?) blew up his big block stick Ford and coasted into the dealership. Bought it off the lot, later deceased and it sat for a LONG time, like gas to crud stuff. Collector messed with it (maybe that's Illinois) but a nice gentleman in PA finally did the car right. Its all good now and all I do is run it. It has cert card, build sheet and ownership records. Thanks

Well if your like me, never sat in one until I bought it. YEP, That's police goodies like a single key option and the plethora of other stuff in the list. Drove it all day today. Looks like it will go to a local, and I don't even have a sign on it. Just hate to see it sit outside so buyer needs to have a garage.

PS the Wisconsin donor car had factory block heaters (cop stuff) which I did not put on this one. Since a Sheriff is elected and he comes across someone out of gas, turn the valve, get a vote. (see pic) Only in America. The hand throttle is to fast idle the car when running parked at some event to prevent overheating. And of course the pushbutton trunk is so you don't have to turn the car off to get emergency supplies. (not included). LOL Thanks for the comments.

View attachment 250495

View attachment 250497

View attachment 250499

Those door locks were available to all doors (non-cop cars) from a dealer as safety locks. Thank you a lot for the explanation!

Good luck with selling those.

Getting a lot of inquiries from the Hemming's ad. We will see...If their is another out there in the same excellent condition, for less!!! Then I may cut the price. $3500?

Hmm called my mortgage company and asked if I could pay in inquiries. Oddly enough they said yes, to just let them know how many I receive and they'll adjust my payment accordingly.

:rolleyes:

I hear ya' money talks and inquiries walk. You think you will be King one day? Or forever a CP?

Did have someone want to know if it had an appraisal for a bank note. Old cars not for banks....

You have to love that movie. Perhaps if I gyrate like Cubba it will sell faster. That's a funny clip.

We'll see. Lemmie know when it goes for asking. Kisses. GLWS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back