Shroud,Electric or both?

Stepping away from the question about if it originally had A/C or not...

You said everything has been rebuilt, so I assume it all going to run well. If the fan is there (probably not a clutch fan) and the car is running right, there's no reason to expect it to overheat.

Put a water temperature gauge in the car and just keep an eye on it. These cars aren't that fragile that you have to worry about ruining it by getting a little hot.

If you have it for a while and decide to put a larger radiator in it, that's great... but you have it just like it left the factory years ago.... Just finish it and take it out and enjoy it.

The only real mod from factory is that I went from a 2 barrel to a 4 barrel Intake and carb, everything else is as it was.

The only real mod from factory is that I went from a 2 barrel to a 4 barrel Intake and carb, everything else is as it was.
You should be good to go. I'd hang a temperature gauge on the dash and go have some fun.

You should be good to go. I'd hang a temperature gauge on the dash and go have some fun.

So should I just ignore the fact that it spits coolant every other time I take her for a spin? I just want to be sure it's cooled properly. I have a sneaking suspicion that this was a contributing factor as to the reason I had to rebuild. I mean not the main reason but, the cooler the better, ya know?!

it will spit coolant if you don't have an overflow jug.
cars without overflows usually have the radiator filled only to the top of the fins to leave room for expansion.

So should I just ignore the fact that it spits coolant every other time I take her for a spin? I just want to be sure it's cooled properly. I have a sneaking suspicion that this was a contributing factor as to the reason I had to rebuild. I mean not the main reason but, the cooler the better, ya know?!
Is it getting hot?
It's normal to have some coolant come out the overflow if you've filled the radiator all the way to the top. Unlike the new cars with the closed systems, you have to leave a little space at the top when you fill the radiator.

So.. unless it's really steaming out hard, or you are actually overheating, you're fine.

Is it getting hot?
It's normal to have some coolant come out the overflow if you've filled the radiator all the way to the top. Unlike the new cars with the closed systems, you have to leave a little space at the top when you fill the radiator.

So.. unless it's really steaming out hard, or you are actually overheating, you're fine.
Thanks, it isn't steaming out. I guess I'm being paranoid. Thank so much Big John. I appreciate your feedback.

Can you clarify? Forgive my density. Is this a brand?
upload_2016-8-4_15-44-2.png

Thanks, it isn't steaming out. I guess I'm being paranoid. Thank so much Big John. I appreciate your feedback.

Grandpasdream, it feels wrong watching coolant coming out of the overflow tube right onto the ground, doesn't it? I rigged up an overflow tank and now I don't feel funny after I turn off the engine.

Grandpasdream, it feels wrong watching coolant coming out of the overflow tube right onto the ground, doesn't it? I rigged up an overflow tank and now I don't feel funny after I turn off the engine.

YES! I guess that's exactly what it is!

Back