Sill Plate Extensions - screw hole?

I think they got the year wrong. Looks more like a door sill from the early 1960's but I could be wrong. Anyhow, it doesn't look like the door sill on my 1970 Chrysler.

DSCN6525.jpg

That looks like the piece that holds down the carpet along the floor in the back seat of a 2 door

That looks like the piece that holds down the carpet along the floor in the back seat of a 2 door
yes, it's for the back seat of a two door. Mine were just laying there . . . I've got the interior out for cleaning and repairs and now that I need to put it all back, I'm trying to see where it's supposed to screw into. The FSM shows a diagram but it's still not real clear. I think I know, but I need to go out to the car, and it's 5F right now - too cold.

There should be a sheet metal piece with 2 screws into the metal behind the rear seat door panel, and a hole for the sill extension screw. I think the carpet is supposed to tuck under the bracket, but your carpet might be on top covering it up?

This is the driver's side.

left hold down bracket.jpg

And the passenger side with the door panel in place.

09 06 08 001.jpg

There should be a sheet metal piece with 2 screws into the metal behind the rear seat door panel, and a hole for the sill extension screw. I think the carpet is supposed to tuck under the bracket, but your carpet might be on top covering it up?

View attachment 583886

View attachment 583887
This is the info I needed. At some point the carpet and window cards were out, and never put back in correctly so when I got the car, the sill extension pieces were screwed in at the front only and I couldn't tell where the other screw was supposed to go because the door card and carpet were installed OVER that sheet metal piece . . . .

thank you!

View attachment 583886

View attachment 583887
Well, now that I've gotten the interior completely out I see what the problem is. The little angle metal there that the carpet is supposed to tuck under and which provides the hole for the sill extension to screw into is completely broken off on both sides of my car. Gonna improvise with some slotted zinc plated steel angles from the hardware store to come up with a solution that holds the carpet in place and provides something for the sill plate to screw into. I'll post pictures here when I get it done.

Back