Dash trim screws

66furys

Reaction score
So in prep to reinstall my dash and trim, I got several types of screws. And now, I am looking at the small trim piece under and around the gauges. Four of the primary ones are full open large holes, no back side with the taper to catch the oval screw. So, I ASSUME that there are suppsed to be a top hate like washer like Big John wears on his bean. I assume these would fit into the hole, then allow the screw to anchor inside......but cannot imagine what else would work. A molded trim washer does not, nor does a flat washer. Not sure what I took off as they appear to be missing now some time back. Any thoughts out there please.

top hate like washer like Big John wears on his bean
I'll have you know that in real life, I have some cool hats that I wear. Blocking the sun from my eyes was the primary reason (after my first eye surgery 37 years ago) then as I got taller and started to grow up through my hair, getting my head sunburnt wasn't any fun. If you ever see me in a baseball cap, it's always one I got for free and I'm working on a car and figuring that the cap will get dirty. Yes, I even have a Panama hat, but it doesn't have a purple hat band (50's song reference)

To get back to the subject.... Probably a picture of what you are trying to fasten would help.

Have a look at this:

Ebay will show you other similar ads under that one, you'll see a variety of other sets of screws from other vendors.

When I look at assortment sets like that, some of the screws look close, but they aren't identical to the originals.

Thanks for input. And BigJohn, this may be TMI.....reminds me of one of the movies about the guy with all of two hairs left that stick straight up....no shade on the bean. But, some kind of hat does help. In my case, I still have some hair, but no brain synapses.....ah well, cant have it all.....yours are still firing on all 8, it seems.

And, thank you MoParMan.....I see one conical washer up front that could be what is needed here. Something to catch the 5/16 type hole for a #8 oval head screw.....that could be what is needed....have not seen this before, thanks.

Back