For Sale Simply, the finest-looking car ever made (imo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks John, yes, that 392 Hemi in the background is a very familiar sight. What ended up happening to your brother's 300C - did he complete it and does he still have it or did he sell it to someone else when you had your chance? Your brothers even looks like it had factory a/c (you can see the compressor on the right side of the engine in the photo I believe). That would have been a rare car.

Mine wasn't the easiest restoration. Even the wiring harness wasn't color coded and other nuisances that all needed to be sorted out. But I do truly love the car, even 40 years later. If you are ever down in Southern California, stop in and we can go for a spin.

I've had plans for quite some time now of showing up at your doorstep Steve when I do ever get to SoCal, and drool over your car collection. From what I've seen you post, your cars are amazing.

Bro sold his 300C back then to someone that inquired about his classified ad. I don't know where it went but think it was someone in the Seattle area. Yes, it had factory AC. He also at the time had a parts car 300C (fairly complete, missing the dual quad intake and probably the exterior trim) that today would be a fixer upper. I took the electric seat controls out of the parts car and put into my '71 GMC 3500 I had. The parts car also had factory AC and I pulled the AC pump and thought of making an air compressor out of it. Just goes to show what dumb kids (me) did to old Chryslers back in the day. Hindsight is 20/20....

About the time my brother bought his C (early 80s), I bought a 300G that I then repainted, rebuilt the long ram 413, and put on new wide whites, then got tired of it (I know, I know) and sold it locally for less than 1500 bucks. I still have boxes of magazines from the 300 club when we were members. Not sure what I'll ever do with them.

This poor quality photo is from the late 80s, with my 300G in the foreground and the 300C parts car behind it, then my brother's C tucked away in our parents' garage. Oh, and there's the red '71 GMC with the electric seat.......
61_300G_Bainbridge03.jpg

I've had plans for quite some time now of showing up at your doorstep Steve when I do ever get to SoCal, and drool over your car collection. From what I've seen you post, your cars are amazing.

Bro sold his 300C back then to someone that inquired about his classified ad. I don't know where it went but think it was someone in the Seattle area. Yes, it had factory AC. He also at the time had a parts car 300C (fairly complete, missing the dual quad intake and probably the exterior trim) that today would be a fixer upper. I took the electric seat controls out of the parts car and put into my '71 GMC 3500 I had. The parts car also had factory AC and I pulled the AC pump and thought of making an air compressor out of it. Just goes to show what dumb kids (me) did to old Chryslers back in the day. Hindsight is 20/20....

About the time my brother bought his C (early 80s), I bought a 300G that I then repainted, rebuilt the long ram 413, and put on new wide whites, then got tired of it (I know, I know) and sold it locally for less than 1500 bucks. I still have boxes of magazines from the 300 club when we were members. Not sure what I'll ever do with them.

This poor quality photo is from the late 80s, with my 300G in the foreground and the 300C parts car behind it, then my brother's C tucked away in our parents' garage. Oh, and there's the red '71 GMC with the electric seat.......View attachment 263109

Gosh, that's a great photo John. You have had some great cars around you in the late 80s! Would be glad to show you around my place. Just give a heads up before coming so I can be sure to be here.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back